Senior Finance Coordinator
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Being operational in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in South Central. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH and Shelter.
The Iraq programme presently employs about 420 national staff and 45 international staff, but is expanding in response to the current needs through funding from various donors.
About the job
The Senior Finance Coordinator is responsible all finance related tasks in DRC Iraq, including the supervision of national finance staff in performing their tasks. In close coordination with the Head of Finance and Administration (HoFA) he/she ensures compliance with the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook in all offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that time is divided equally between local offices in Erbil, Duhok and Baghdad
- In close cooperation with the HOFA ensure compliance with donors’ financial rules and regulations, with relevant local laws and with the guidelines set out in the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook
- Ensure timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and to Headquarters
- Responsible for collecting cash forecasts from all offices and requesting funds from Headquarters in a timely manner
- Responsible for requesting installments from donors
- Take the lead in the Navision Roll-Out process, including training of finance staff and other colleagues in new procedures
- Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including national staff and expat staff salaries
- Keep the Master Budget up-to-date on a monthly basis
- Monitor staff phone bills on a monthly basis and follow up on reimbursements from staff for private international calls
- Responsible for preparation of all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with national finance staff and Headquarters
- Focal Point for local audits
- Contribute to the development of proposals with regards to budgeting in cooperation with the HoFA and the Regional HoFA
- Communicate and liaise with donors on financial rules and regulations
- Recruit, provide supervision and coaching/on the job training of national finance staff and undertake appraisals when appropriate
- Any other duties assigned by the HoFA.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 5 years of international practical experience in a senior financial management position for the private sector or for an international NGO (preferred);
- Proven experience in managing large budgets;
- Interpersonal and staff development capabilities;
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and undertake a pro-active approach;
- Strong experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities;
- Good communication skills and team spirit;
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English; proficiency in Arabic is an advantage;
- Experience with working in the Middle East is a strong asset;
- Working experience with UNHCR, ECHO, OFDA, WFP, DFID and BPRM guidelines.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 12 months contract. You must be available to start work from latest mid-May 2016 and be willing and able to work in Erbil, Iraq and travel all over Iraq (including Dohuk, Kirkuk, Baghdad, Kerbala).
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at A 14-A12 of DRC’s new salary scale, depending on qualifications and experience of final candidate. R&R cycle is every 12 weeks.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 30 April 2016. Please note that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Finance and Banking
- Finance and Banking
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-04-30