Community Support Projects Officer
We are looking for a highly qualified individual with a mind set to achieve success in a humanitarian organization working in a challenging but interesting environment.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council has worked in Lebanon since September 2004, and the programs have followed the country’s needs and progress. The main focus of today’s efforts in Lebanon is to help the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees, who have fled across the border to find protection from the conflict in their homeland. DRC is simultaneously maintaining the efforts toward the vulnerable groups of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon. More than 200.000 Syrian refugees have received assistance from the Danish Refugee Council since the beginning of the crisis.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
• Follow up on previous and ongoing Community Support Projects (infrastructure, water, electricity, waste management, etc…) in his/her AoR ensuring timely implementation;
• Conduct needs assessments with host and refugee communities including municipalities, community representatives and youth (maintaining gender balance);
• Oversee the technical design and execution of community support projects and Cash for work activities.
• Represent DRC with stakeholders in the field such as local authorities, community representatives, displaced individuals;
• Identify community actors and potential partners according to priority needs in the area;
• Submit weekly and monthly reports according to DRC reporting system and according to his supervisor’s instructions;
• Prepare a Bill of Quantity (BoQ) for all planned projects under the CE&L unit evaluated technically on the field and according to market assessment with the definition of items, describing the specifications, the quotation, the quantity and the quality of materials required (including daily workers, any additional fees)
• Conduct monitoring visit to ensure the timely and properly implementation of the Community Support Projects and CFW activities;
• Develop, update and follow up a detailed work plan in coordination with CEL manager and in line with the project requirements that achieve program deliverables
• Supervise CSP assistant and ensure proper filling of HR documents such as attendance sheets and leave requests.
• Support identified local partner in drafting project proposals according to PCM principles;
To be successful in this role you must have:
a) Essential qualifications: University Degree in Civil Engineering or at least 4 years of experience in construction context;
b) Essential experience: minimum 4 years of work experience in related field and social work, computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
• Excellent interpersonal and reporting skills
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Commitment to the values, vision and mission of DRC
• Self-motivated and good team spirit
• Fluent in Arabic and English.
Ideally you will have a degree in social work and experience in community mobilization activities in performing assessment activities, in working with local authorities and a technical background or expertise in Shelter and WASH sectors.
An interesting job in one of the world’s best NGOs. DRC will offer the successful applicant a 5 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from April 2016 and be willing and able to work in Tripoli-Lebanon.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National staff. This position will be placed at level C1, equivalent to USD 1,650 $ per month (basic salary) + transportation and communication allowance.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo and find Current Vacancies. All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the vacancy note. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees. (Applications sent to the email email@example.com will not be taken into consideration)
DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the below deadline
Applications close 22 April 2016. The interviews are expected to take place in the following week.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tripoli
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Social studies
- Social studies
- Civil Society
- Civil Society
- Closing Date: 2016-06-03