Head of Programs
HFH Kenya is a leading housing organization funded in 1982 whose mandate is to enable the low income families to access decent and affordable shelter. Through provision of affordable financial and technical services. HFH Kenya brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
This is an exciting time to join Habitat for Humanity Kenya. HFH Kenya is recruiting appropriate candidates following its just completed strategic plan. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Head of Programs to strengthen plan our work in Kenya and be part of the team that takes our work on housing to the next level.
Head of Programs (Ref: HOD/03/16)
Reporting to the Country Director. The post holder will be responsible for design, providing oversight of programming interventions, new project development and supporting the programme team to develop, plan and manage programmatic activities aimed at achieving the goals and objectives of the HFH Kenya.
This is a new post for Hfhk.The post aims to provide specialist advice and guidance on programme design and innovation. The Head of Programs will also have excellent people management skills, and the ability to lead and motivate internal and external stakeholders, partners and collaborators.
Qualifications & Experience
· A degree in Social sciences/ Development Studies / related discipline required, Masters Degree or equivalent desirable.
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Analytical, evaluation and report writing skills.
· Ability to develop a budget based on the programming strategy and actively manage reporting and expenditure.
· Understanding of housing, land and WASH issues.
· Excellent research, information management and networking skills.
· Credibility to lobby, influence and represent HFHK.
· More than 8 years’ experience in the development sector in senior level.
· Experience working with and interacting with donors
· Proven success managing a team of professionals
Experience in managing project cycles
If you feel you meet the requirements for any of these positions, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, , title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 15th April 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-04-15