Data Management and M&E Officer - (Gaziantep) - Turkey
The purpose of the Data Management and M&E Officer role is to contribute to enhancing NRC – north west Syria area’s understanding of the consequences of its programming, for example through adapting and improving internal systems to promote evidence-based decision-making and programme performance.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- GENERIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create systems for producing regular reports/fact sheets reflecting the data entered in databases, and produce weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly management supporting reports and analysis as required.
- Plan and manage data collection processes, ensuring data is gathered in a timely and appropriate manner and to an acceptable quality
- Manage or support data analysis and information presentation activities
- Oversee data management and development of clear information flow between programme and partners, as needed
- Coordination with the Program Officers to ensure the data is collected in a professional manner to fit to our requirements
- Ensure that data is collected and recorded ethically and within the remits of NRC policy on confidentiality and consent.
- Ensure integrity and sound design for the collection and entry of data
- Ensure all information is centrally held, accurate and available including that held in data bases
- Train other team members and partners on project specific M&E tools and skills if necessary.
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the Country and Programme Directors
- Specific responsibilities
- Close coordination with project staff to ensure that the necessary data is being gathered in an appropriate way, and to build their capacity in understanding and interpreting that information.
- Produce regular reports (weekly, Monthly and Quarterly) reflecting the data entered in databases
- Provide ad-hoc reports and data summaries as requested;
- Responsible for tracking, follow up and reporting on project progress
- With input from PMs, oversee or support (as necessary) the development of data collection methodology or tools
- Ensure that data are reported in a timely manner to relevant programme and managerial staff
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardised information flow of the unit activities and reporting
- Capacity building and training of programme staff and partners, for example data collection and data management.
- Report on any security incidents to the Country Security Advisor or designated focal point
- Build and maintain good working relations with staff from programmes and partners.
- Professional competencies
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including data management, M+E capacity and systems development
- Demonstrated ability to present data and convey information clearly and concisely
- Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in both English and Arabic (speaking, reading, writing)
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience and ability to train others and transfer knowledge.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with partners, community and team members
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Technical expertise in Advanced Excel and Access
- Analytical skills
- Planning and delivering results
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, or R desirable
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Handling insecure environments
- Coping with change
- Ability to meet agreed deadlines
- Motivated, positive individual who likes to take initiative
- Working with people
- Initiating action and change
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing performance and development
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to engage and motivate staff in a challenging program area
- Good coordination skills
- Goal oriented and visionary
- Patient, flexible and creative, and it helps if you have a sense of humor
- Commencement : As soon as possible
- Salary / Benefits: According to NRC Salary Scale
- Duty Station: Gaziantep / Turkey
- Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for BOTH company and location
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Gaziantep
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-04-15