Market Dynamics Specialist, Ethiopia, 7362
Addis Ababa | Addis Ababa
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH is sourcing candidates for an upcoming WASH-related USAID opportunity in Ethiopia. The Market Dynamics Specialist will be expected to work under the management of the Deputy Chief of Party and Chief of Party, when appropriate, and be located full-time in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. S/He will also be expected to work within the Headquarters-based Market Dynamics Department to ensure cohesion in PATH’s overall strategy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build and use a range of analytic tools and modeling approaches to help achieve goals of the USAID project.
- Conduct primary market research and market landscape projects for WASH products in Ethiopia to understand the public and private market dynamics.
- Perform health impact and market size modeling for high priority technologies.
- Analyze and develop market intervention strategies for target markets in-country to inform decisions of government, donors and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the evidence base of best practices in designing market interventions to address root causes.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of experts in PATH and externally.
- Develop and share key findings and lessons learned.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Health, or equivalent advanced degree.
- Minimum five years in market analysis, healthcare management consulting or other relevant private and public sector experience, preferably with an emphasis in the area of WASH.
- Experience engaging with both public and private sector partners in Ethiopia, and a deep understanding of the burgeoning private sector market in urban, peri-urban, and rural areas.
- Experience working with WASH-specific healthcare products.
- Solid technical knowledge of market analytics including:
o Building, implementing and analyzing market research studies and quantitative models to inform global or developing country decision-making, e.g., demand forecasts and impact models.
o Analysis of product development and introduction scenarios to chart pathways for new product introduction.
o Ability to identify key trends from complex and ambiguous datasets.
o Ability to synthesize project findings and translate into programmatic and policy recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain close and effective relationships with partnering organizations at local, national, and international levels.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning/management and balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently.
- Experience working with and managing external consultants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in assessing both private and public sector markets a plus, preferably in Ethiopia.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
- Fluency in English and Amharic; ability in other regional languages in Ethiopia considered an asset.
To apply please visit the PATH website at: http://bit.ly/1RZRlID
- Organization: PATH - Global Health Organization
- Location: Addis Ababa | Addis Ababa
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-05-07