Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Benefits/HRIS Manager. This is a full time position based in Arlington, VA and will report to VP of Human Resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Benefits/HRIS Manager you will oversee all aspects of employee benefits and the HRIS system. As the highest-ranking employee whose primary responsibility is benefits administration and HRIS, this role is solely responsible for activities that include the following:
o Ensuring that all new hires pull from the recruitment system into the core HRIS and that their file/system setup, benefit elections, payroll deductions and paperwork are accurate and meet payroll deadlines for processing.
o Responsible for all on-boarding/off-boarding and system updates for all new hires, promotions, transfers and terminations (US based Employees, Expatriates, and Third Country Nationals) and maintain accurate and confidential records of all staff data related to salaries & benefits.
o Briefing and debriefing staff regarding their benefits choices and their impact to pay, as well as policies & procedures at time of hire, during their employment and upon separation.
o Conducting new hire and open enrollment benefit sessions for both individuals and for groups of employees.
o Overseeing the accuracy of the enrollment and transmission of data to the benefit providers of all employees, new hires and terminations that are enrolling, de-enrolling into company offered employee benefits.
o Partnering with Global HR to verify that all allowances and international benefits are correctly set-up and entered in the system for each eligible employee.
o Conducting audits, analysis, troubleshooting, and recommendations to improve the HRIS system; the utilization and accuracy of HR data; and provide reporting and other information to the VP Human Resources, Controller, CFO, as well as generate legally required reporting to governing bodies (EEO1, AA, 5500, etc.)
o Working with the Benefit Brokers to annually source, price and recommend employee benefits for the company and to arrange quarterly benefit training sessions provided by the Brokers.
o Responsible for updating the HRIS/Benefit system with changes driven by the organization and vendors.
o Provide outstanding service and answer questions from all employees on their pay, benefits and/or allowances.
o Perform all other duties as assigned.
Requirements• A Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Human Resources with a concentration in Compensation/Benefits and/or HRIS/systems or possess a similar combination of experience and education
• Knowledge of MS Office (high proficiency in Excel), various HRIS software &/or benefit/payroll management systems essential
• Knowledge of laws, regulations and reporting requirements that govern US benefits; working knowledge of domestic/international requirements concerning pay, allowances and taxation.
• In depth experience using the Ultipro HRIS system
• Strong organizational skills & attention to detail essential
• Ability to work in a time sensitive/deadline driven/stressful environment, taking initiative & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Operate with the highest integrity and confidentiality
• Possess a work style that is closely aligned with Counterpart’s values of collaboration & communication.
• Previous field experience in human resources or in a headquarters HR/finance role
• Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team
• CEBS Certification
- Organization: Counterpart International
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-04-30