Project Manager (MOMI)
Jakarta | Jakarta
Position Title : Project Manager (MOMI) Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 19 April 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Israel, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) in Jakarta, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Migrant Outreach and Messaging in Indonesia (MOMI) Project, and s/he will serve as a public information / media focal point for the implementation of all related activities required for IOM Indonesias active projects to promote IOM and raise awareness of migration issues in domestic and international media and among the general public.
Specific objectives of this Project are to i) provide all irregular migrants under IOMs care, accurate and timely information on Australias policies in relation to irregular maritime arrivals and the consequences of pursuing irregular pathways from Indonesia in their native languages; ii) encourage potential irregular migrants under IOM care to pursue formal refugee status determination processing through the UNHCR rather than through the illegal channels of a people smuggler.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide advice, analysis and input to the DCM and COM with regard to the implementation of
MOMI project and Public Information activities.
Coordinate with the Governments of Australia and Indonesia to obtain regular updates on government policies and messaging with regard to irregular migration.
Coordinate interpreters and office Managers to ensure there is adequate coverage to disseminate information to the target audiences in their native languages.
Organize the collection, translation and analysis on a regular basis, the relevant information materials pertaining to irregular migration, including media coverage, and Government of Australia and branded information about existing and emerging policies and suitable deterrence messaging.
Use the information materials to inform irregular migrants under IOM care about Australia's policies towards irregular maritime arrivals and the consequences of irregular migration to Australia.
Assess project activities and provide the donor with regular detailed reporting and analysis of the knowledge, attitudes and perceptions of IOMs caseload towards the information they are receiving.
Monitor the administrative, budgetary and financial activities of the project, and propose corrective measures in coordination with the Missios Resource Management Officer (RMO) and DCM.
Serve as the public information/media focal point and spokesperson for all matters pertaining to the visibility of IOM and its work in Indonesia, which includes: (a) the development of PI and multimedia strategy; (b) the drafting, editing and dissemination of IOM briefing notes, press releases and PI materials/reports within the Mission, Regional and IOM globally and to external sources; (c) the update of IOMs communication platforms; and (d) the coordination with national and international media; (e) aligning/coordinating media messaging and campaigns with RO BKK and Media HQs.
Coordinate with MCD HQs facilitating use of IOMs Community Response Map as a feedback and monitoring tool for the mission and partners.
Provide supervision and guidance to project personnel, interpreters and other relevant staff in IOMs offices in Indonesia, as well as to the media partners with regard to their work related to IOMs activities around the country.
Participate in key mission events and workshops, and undertake duty travel relating to project and PI activities, as required.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree in Journalism, Communication and International Affairs or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in managing communications projects for international organizations and/or donor agencies, preferably related to information sharing with irregular migrants; assisting vulnerable groups, community development and/or conflict issues;
• At least two years’ experience or involvement in IOM media and campaign protocols and
• Experience in information, media management, campaign development, monitoring and evaluation, preferably in Southeast Asia;
• Experience in writing and editing in international journalism and/or public information, media management, campaign development, monitoring and evaluation, preferably in Southeast Asia;
• Knowledge of migration trends and issues in Southeast Asia generally and Indonesia specifically;
• Good knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures;
• Experience preparing and executing media & development communications strategies;
• Good command of photography, script writing and video production is advantageous;
• Public speaking and camera experience an advantage;
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English; advanced Bahasa Indonesia highly desirable;
• Experience working in Southeast Asia an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM Recruitment system, by 19 April 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM recruitment system.
From 06.04.2016 to 19.04.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/82 (P) - Project Manager (MOMI) (P3) - Jakarta, Indonesia (54782071) Released
Posting: Posting NC54782072 (54782072) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Jakarta | Jakarta
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-04-19