Snr ICT Officer (Busin Anlst)
Senior ICT Officer (Business Analyst)
The incumbent analyses business needs and requirements in order to deliver complete, robust, cost-effective and user-friendly ICT solutions in support of both business-as-usual activities and projects. The incumbent plays the central role in ensuring that functional and non-functional requirements are understood, documented and addressed. The post is key to enabling DIST to fulfill its mission to provide timely and effective ICT application development and support to UNHCR operations.
- High quality business analysis is provided resulting in clear and meaningful functional and non-functional requirements which support the development of user-friendly applications meeting business needs.
- Appropriate representation from business partners in the requirements analysis and definition process is ensured.
- Serve as a liaison between the Bureaux, Divisions, field community and DIST, in order to enable the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology and provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Consult with business units to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Work closely with Solution Engineers to ensure technical solutions are designed and engineered to meet both functional and non-functional requirements following architectural principles and best practices, in particular the software development life cycle.
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional and non-functional specifications and manage changes to such specifications.
- Track and fully document changes for functional and non-functional specifications and ensure that all such changes are processed through the Change Advisory Board.
- Ensure all functional and non-functional requirements are prepared based on consistent templates and to a high standard using generally accepted modelling methods.
- Assist in business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technologies.
- Work with Managed Service Providers to ensure that the functional and non-functional requirements are fully understood and translated into application configurations and customizations that fully meet expectations and are fit-for-purpose.
- Provide business-as-usual support once systems are in production including, but not limited to, reviewing problem management trends, assisting in troubleshooting and resolving system issues, cleaning up corrupted data, documenting change requests, developing test plans, assisting in testing changes, and training end-users.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen client relationships by interacting effectively at all levels of the client organization.
- Educate DIST on the strategic direction of the business under the guidance and perspective of the Business Relationship Officer.
- Stay current on industry trends to bring solutions to business units to enhance productivity.
- Undertake other tasks or assignments within area of competence as required.
- Request support from managers for participation of their staff members in business analyst and solution engineering activities.
- Escalate issues and concern that may have a negative effect on the successful completion the business analysis process.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 12 years ICT experience with at least 5 years¿ recent experience in business analysis and solutions engineering.
- Experience with enterprise-wide mission critical systems such as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning Software) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
- Proven ability to document functional and non-functional requirements using industry standards and generally accepted modelling methods using standard tools.
- Demonstrated experience working with business partners, understanding business concepts, knowledge of business procedures and applying technical solutions based on standard industry practices.
- Ability to read and comment on test plans and test matrices, project plans and scope and design documents.
- Thorough experience with the IT Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Familiarity working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience and working knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Understanding of how IT affects an organization and the ability to link it to business processes.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Advanced university degree in ICT or engineering.
- Formal certification in Business Analysis from a recognized professional body.
- Formal certification in ITIL - Foundation and Intermediate level (Service Design).
- Knowledge of systems and processes within the United Nations.
- Experience developing software and working with relational databases.
- Experience operating in humanitarian or United Nations organizations.
- Experience leading a matrixed team to ensure collaboration and effective operations.
- Working knowledge of any other UN language.
C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X004L3 - Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Level 3
X008L3 - Stakeholder Management Level 3
Please note that the closing date for all vacancies in the March 2016 Compendium is Monday 25 April 2016 (midnight Geneva time).
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Copenhagen
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2016-04-25