Snr Assurance Off (Prtnrshps)
Senior Assurance Officer (Partnerships)
The Implementing Partnership Management Service (IPMS) is responsible to the Controller for all matters related to the management of the Framework for Implementing with Partners organisational-wide, including setting policies, designing procedures, the implementation of strategies, coordination, efficient implementation of strategies and regulations, project audit, partnership financials and oversight in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and regulations.
The incumbent will report to the Head of IPMS, will closely collaborate with other staff members in UNHCR, particularly the IPMS team, middle management staff within DFAM, other Divisions, Bureaux, and Field Offices and interacts with external entities, and audit service providers under the direct guidance and supervision of the Head of Service.
- UNHCR has effective project monitoring and verification scheme for project control and management of assurance of funds under project partnership agreements.
- UNHCR has effective quality control measures for the assessment of the performance of the contracted external auditors in line with UNHCR policy on project audit and UN/UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Quality of Audit Certificates is sound, reliable and complete to provide to UNHCR senior management, donors and oversight bodies reasonable assurance of funds spent through partnerships.
- Provide advice to the operations and the Head of the Service the application and the management of the Quality Assessment/Control of Project Audit Certificates.
- Implement the established policies, strategies, procedures and regulations related to the aspects related to the functions of Project Audit Certification.
- Provide support and guidance to UNHCR Offices and field operations on effective project monitoring and assurance.
- Conduct sampling and testing of Project Audit Certificates.
- Enhance the methodology and procedures for project monitoring and verification tracking performance and analysis through embedding risk-based applications.
- Develop methodology, criteria and procedures for assessing the quality of audit performed by the contracted audit firms.
- Validate of the Project Audit Certificates.
- Analyse and collate the related data, and outcome of the testing.
- Present the results of the assessment and recommendations for addressing the identified shortcomings/propose /implement solutions and innovative improvements.
- Advise the Head of Service on the aspects of improvements of the quality of Project Audit Certificates.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by the supervisor.
- Access to relevant records within area of responsibilities relating to Project Audit Certification and related documents and other information needed to discharge functions.
- Contact and follow up with the field and other divisions on matters related to the application of the Quality Assessment of Project Audit Certificates.
- Communicate with other entities in-house and external, while observing segregation of duties and delegation of authority.
- Supervise the assigned team.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Advanced University Degree in audit or accounting, finance or related profession, with a professional qualification in (CPA, CA or equivalent) is essential.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is essential.
- Minimum ten years of relevant professional and in-depth experience, at the professional level, in the areas of finance, risk management and audit.
- Strong experience in setting standard operating procedures and internal control design and implementation.
- Strong analytical skills in data and financial review.
- Solid knowledge of accounting including IPSAS or IFRS.
- Command of financial management systems, PeopleSoft or a similar ERP system.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications and Databases.
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork.
- Highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- Fluency in English, including strong drafting skills.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Familiarity with UNHCR`s quality assurance of project audit is highly desirable.
- Grant Management and Project Management including related software.
- Good knowledge of enterprise resource management software (ERP) such as PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP etc.
- Ability to initiate and produce innovative and creative business and systems solutions.
- Knowledge in Spanish or French is an advantage.
C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
M004L3 - Strategic Planning and Vision Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X005L3 - Planning and Organizing Level 3
X009L3 - Change Capability and Adaptability Level 3
Please note that the closing date for all vacancies in the March 2016 Compendium is Monday 25 April 2016 (midnight Geneva time).
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Budapest
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2016-04-25