Information Management Officer
We are looking for highly qualified candidate that has the skills to engage in our organization as an Information Management Officer.
Who are we
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
To support the development of activity & beneficiary data management systems for DRC operations in Lebanon
• Under the direction of the Information Management Coordinator (Lebanon), the Information Management Officer works as a part of the IM team to design/develop, test, maintain, support and improve the database and database management systems;
• Participate in developing and designing a database that maintains and organizes DRC Lebanon activities data and provides support in reporting, project tracking and data analysis;
• Build the capacity of DRC staff in terms of database use (including basic analysis) through on-going support and training;
• Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting support field staff;
• Analyze and report regularly to the IM Coordinator and MEL Coordinator on the progress and quality of the data;
• Produce and file statistical and graphical reports as requested by the IM Coordinator / MEL Coordinator and sector program managers;
• Take responsibility for adapting and testing the database and develop system procedures/manuals;
• Implement database security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure;
• Develop user access levels for each segment of the database according to IM Coordinator / MEL Coordinator specifications
To be successful in this role you must have:
• A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or relevant field with significant professional experience;
• Strong IT skills – particularly with Microsoft Office suite (strong Excel skills essential);
• At least two years relevant professional experience working on the development and maintenance of complex data management systems;
Ideally you will also have:
• An advanced university degree (Masters/Postgraduate Diploma) in Computer Science or Management Information Systems;
• Good understanding of INGOs;
• Basic understanding of data security and encryption tools;
• Demonstrable experience using database platforms such as PostgreSQL, SQL server, or MySQL as well as using Wavemaker (or equivalent) to develop web-based applications;
• Training and capacity development experience.
An interesting job in one of the world’s best NGOs. DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from April 2016 and be willing and able to work in Beirut with regular field trips to North and Bekaa.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National staff. This position will be placed at level C1, equivalent to 1700 USD per month.
This position is subject to funding
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo and find Current Vacancies. All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the vacancy note. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
Applications close 10th of April 2016. The interviews are expected to take placethe following week.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-04-10