HUMANITARIAN AID OFFICER WARO REGION
Madrid | Madrid
The “Humanitarian Aid Officer for West African Region (WARO)” will be a member of the Department of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Programmes in Plan International Spain. The post holder will play a key role in the following priorities: Fundraising and resource mobilization at local level and Assistance in emergencies due to natural disasters, armed conflict or any other humanitarian crisis. The successful candidate will have high command of French and English, and will have knowledge and proven track record in Child Protection and working with ECHO. Results orientation, Negotiation and Communication skills are also required. The position will be based in Madrid – with frequent travels >50%, long-term assignments and sometimes with short notice. Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
· To identify needs and new project opportunities in line with the strategy.
· Lead the process of identifying and prioritizing funding opportunities
· Effective resources mobilization in the specific areas of operation (WARO Region)
· Effectively manage funding relationships with major institutional donors that support funding objectives.
· To cooperate and liaise with Plan International National Offices and Country Offices partners and, where applicable, with external stakeholders at the appropriate levels
· To manage projects in accordance with approved plans, regulations and policies
· To ensure full compliance with donor requirements in reporting (narrative and financial)
· To produce project documents following specific formats (project synopsis/concept paper, result based project plan, full project proposal, project budget, project agreement with partner, regular reports)
· To ensure effective coordination with sectors and different projects
· To support building capacities with our implementing partner in order to improve capacities to respond and to work in joint projects respecting the special role of volunteers
· Possible long-term assignments (3-4 months) with the following responsibilities when in mission:
o Preparation of identification process and needs assessment.
o Information analysis
o Coordination with the rest of the members of the emergency pool and all other actors in the field intervening in
o Coordination and technical quality of the projects of the mission.
o To analyse the national and regional strategies and context
o To provide technical support to the Head of Mission in the fundraising and partnership activities related to Child Protection.
o To provide technical support to the Head of Mission (HoM) in the activities related to the technical areas and monitoring of the mission.
o To ensure the quality and appropriateness of the definition and implementation of a possible emergency intervention.
· University Degree (Master appreciated)
· 5-10 years of working experience in technical cooperation in international institutions and/or NGOs. Experience in Africa region highly valuable.
· Proven track record in Child Protection and working with ECHO (other donors desirable)
· Knowledge in Project Cycle Management tools & knowledge in donors´ processes.
· Solid programmatic, financial and organizational planning skills.
COMPETENCIES ASSOCIATED TO THE POSITION:
· Excellent communication skills, resolution skills and intercultural sensitivity, including managingexpectations of different stakeholders in a balanced and diplomatic manner
· Proven abilities in decision making and problem solving- to foresee various options and objectively assess viability to these options
· Proved experience in raising funds mainly with multilateral donors (ECHO will be valuable)
· Self-supporting in computing (MS-Windows, spreadsheet- and word-processing
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· A good degree of maturity and responsibility is indispensable for this post.
· A high adaptability regarding living conditions due to frequent travels to different missions/bases.
· Capacity of working under stressed conditions and in multicultural environments.
· Autonomy in decision making.
· Mastering English-Spanish / French-Spanish / English-French.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive job description and may be subject to change.
OTHER CONDITIONS FOR THE POSITION
Current remuneration (salary + benefits)
Desired salary / remuneration - please advise of minimum salary required and expected benefits
Notice period (in weeks and/or months)
Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
HOW TO APPLY
ONLY APPLICATIONS THAT FULLFIT WITH THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please do not apply if your skills and experience do not fix with the mentioned requirements. In addition, aapplicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
Please submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications experience knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference PR-AH-WARO-16 in the subject
Deadline for submissions: 29th April 2016
IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates that will not receive any response within two weeks after submission deadline, should notice that the application has not been considered.
- Organization: Plan International
- Location: Madrid | Madrid
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Humanitarian Aid
- Humanitarian Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-04-29