ICT Coordinator - Norwegian Refugee Council
The ICT Coordinator for the NRC Jordan Country Office is responsible for ensuring all NRC Global & Local ICT policies and guidelines are implemented and to ensure the efficient and cost effective set-up, support, security and maintenance of all ICT software and hardware across 4 offices and greater than 300 ICT users:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Note - Supported technologies include but are not limited to: wired and wireless networks, storage systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows OS, MS Office suites, Citrix, end user workstations, laptops and various proprietary and commercial software applications and hardware.
- . Roles and Responsibilities
- The following is a brief description of the role.
- Generic responsibilities
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Professional Development Plan.
- Accountable for adherence to NRC policies, guidance, procedures and the Global ICT Strategy.
- Responsible to analyse the needs and to develop clear country specific ICT requirements and plans.
- Responsible for ICT management, control systems and implementation of ICT Handbook, policies, guidance and procedures and data protection requirements.
- Responsible for timely and high quality delivery of ICT hardware, software and services to the country programme.
- Line management, delegation of tasks and responsibilities to ICT staff.
- Contribute to innovation and advancement of ICT globally in NRC through pilots at CO level.
- Contribute to programme quality and effectiveness by identifying relevant ICT tools.
- Responsible for risk analysis related to ICT, mitigation and reporting to the CMG as appropriate.
- Responsible for skills gap and capacity building to ensure that all staff has the necessary level of knowledge on NRC’s ICT systems and procedures.
- Responsible for high quality and timely reports to the Country Management Group (CMG), Regional and Head Office to contribute to better decision making regarding the ICT ambition and capacity at Country Level.
- Specific responsibilities
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention.
- Regularly revise the NRC Jordan ICT Policy so that it remains relevant to NRC’s work and context in Jordan as well as to the NRC global ICT Strategy and policy/governance document.
- Develop further and continue the roll out and evaluation of ICT training for all NRC Jordan staff.
- Provide input for country program Operating Budgets, ensuring ICT4B initiatives are adequately funded.
- Manage the discussions and input from ICT into the development and roll out of ICT solutions to support NRC Jordan based programmes and support units.
- Support NRC’s commitment to technically sound and evidence-based program design, monitoring and evaluation via the use of technology
- Advise NRC’s senior leadership team on strategic technology trends, needs and opportunities2. Competencies
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional Competencies
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from working as an ICT Officer / Coordinator or above in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex
- Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualification requirement: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 3
- Must have strong communication skills, written and oral, be able to communicate effectively, produce reports, and present solutions.
- May be required to work extended and /or non-core business hours, as and when required by the needs of the organization. This may include evening, weekends and holidays.”
- Computing / IT
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Behavioral Competencies
- These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Managing performance and development
- Managing Resources to optimize results
- 2227 JD Salary
- Health Insurance
- Social Security
- Accident Insurance
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Oslo
- Grade: P-1, International Professional
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: