Program Officer III
Washington D.C | Washington D.C
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Program Officer III
This candidate will support FHI 360's work in Botswana. Knowledge of and experience with HIV care and treatment programs is mandatory. The candidate will support all aspects of the work in Botswana, including providing technical expertise, fiscal oversight, and report writing. Strong project management skills and attention to detail are required. This position will join the Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health Division and will be located in Washington, DC.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
Provides technical assistance and support to programs. Collects, complies, and analyzes information relevant to programs. Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution. Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations. Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status. Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements. Develops/Reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables.
• Provides support to program management such as troubleshooting, updates work plans, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities.
• Tracks performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO) ID, project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
• Facilitates communication by answering partner inquires and monitoring project websites.
• Designs, implements, and coordinates specific program activities and may conduct research to achieve program goals.
• Works with Project Manager and assists with developing budgets, proposals, managing grants, project materials, and information.
• Collects, complies and analyzes information relevant to the program.
• May provide administrative support to programs as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports on a quarterly basis.
• Provides technical assistance and support to program.
• Reviews and contributes to work plans for one or many programs.
• Documents and shares project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned among internal and external partners.
• Serves as the liaison for internal units, such as finance, contracts, centers, etc.
• Supports program/project teams administratively and technically to provide high quality deliverables to clients.
• Develops reports, briefing papers, press releases, and presentations as necessary for one or multiple projects/programs.
• Ensures timely implementation, and monitors project activities against work plans.
• Identifies resource development opportunities and supports development of proposals.
• Assists with budgeting and writing proposals.
• Serves as the liaison with government officials, local communities, and other organizations.
• Provides technical input to projects, including monitoring and evaluation.
• Supervises and mentors staff and provides training on systems, policies, and regulations.
• Leads projects/programs in coordination among project leaders.
• Oversees all aspects of the program.
• Ensures integrity of design and implementation of program.
• Provides timely and high quality work plans with programmatic, financial, technical reports.
• Develops and monitors budgets. Ensures accountability of all project activities.
• Ensures achievement of project performance objectives and deliverables.
• Develops and maintains relationships with government agencies, and other organizations.
• Represents organization in matters pertaining to the execution of the program.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
• Typically requires a minimum of 8 + years’ experience with program management, cross- cultural communications, US Government rules and regulations.
• Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
• Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
• Prior team lead experience preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please apply directly to the following link: https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com/jobs/16701/program-officer-iii/job
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Washington D.C | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-05-31