Senior Global Campaigner – Information and Communication Technology Industry
Beijing | Hong Kong | China - Taiwan Province | Seoul
Greenpeace East Asia is recruiting a Senior Global Campaigner to support a new global initiative on Greenpeace’s campaign on the Information and Communication technology (ICT) industry. The post holder will work with Greenpeace offices across the world to challenge the industry to clean up their businesses, champion the use of renewable energy, and apply their best talents to build a greener world, not just smarter gadgets.
We are looking for qualified applicants to take a leading role in Greenpeace’s new corporate ICT campaign.
Major Areas of Responsibility
1 Campaign strategist: Providing insight on the ICT sector to craft campaign strategy and directing corporate discussions;
2 Corporate engagement:
- Guiding effective engagement with ICT brands to minimize their environmental impact and build a greener future;
- Monitoring and analyzing ICT trends and corporate dynamics to develop a responsive and agile campaign;
- Building and maintaining relationships with major ICT brands
- Liaising with ICT-related stakeholders including industry associations, other campaign organizations, and government/inter-governmental bodies
3 Communication & Public relationship:
- Launching and maintaining a digital platform to engage campaign supporters
- Answering media inquiries as a campaign spokesperson
- Advising the campaign’s media team to effectively engage various audiences including IT employees
1 At least 5 years’ experience in the planning and implementation of advocacy campaigns, or equivalent work in private sector;
2 Familiarity with current changes within the electricity sector, including renewable energy policy and procurement options;
3 Experience in conducting supply chain analysis within the ICT sector or other manufactured goods sectors;
4 Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience in media relations and/or public speaking;
5 Proven ability to work both independently and within a team in fast moving work environment.
This position can be based in Hong Kong, Seoul, Taipei or Beijing.
Interested parties, please submit your cover letter to explain your motivation to apply the position and resume here: http://www.greenpeace.org.cn/about/jobs/. Please note if you fail to submit motivation letter your application will be deprioritized.
- Organization: Greenpeace
- Location: Beijing | Hong Kong | China - Taiwan Province | Seoul
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2016-04-14