Deputy Chief of Party
Port-au-Prince | Port-au-Prince
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:**Deputy Chief of Party**
Ann ALE will provide the Ministry of Education in Haiti (MENFP) and USAID with technical support, materials and training in order to improve reading and writing outcomes in Haiti. It will expand the approaches from the previous ToTAL project (2012-2014), including support to pre-service and in-service teacher professional development and community engagement. The project will work closely with the MENFP to strengthen systems to support the quality reading approaches.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Deputy Chief of Party, under the supervision of the COP, will assist the COP with all financial, management, and operational responsibilities, in addition to coordinating all project activities. S/he will assist with the development of the vision, strategy, and technical direction of the entire project. The Deputy Chief of Party will make operational and management decisions, ensure synergies between technical components, and the quality and timely completion of reporting and deliverables.
- Ensure the effective implementation of project activities as required under the work plan and contract with USAID
- Oversee financial management, project accounting systems, sub-contract management, and ensure operational efficiency
- Coordinate activities between result areas to ensure that they are integrated and synergistic
- Establish and maintain clear lines of communication with project staff
- Work with the COP and Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to track the Performance Monitoring Plan
- Fulfill USAID’s reporting requirements and ensure the completion of high quality deliverables
- Develop and maintain positive relations with Ministry of Education (MENFP) officials and other government counterparts, USAID, local organizations and program partners
- Assure the hiring and support of staff, consultants and subcontractors that are able to satisfy or exceed requirements of the technical plan
- Assure ongoing technical work planning, including technical linkages between FHI360 home office staff, project staff, subcontractors and partners
- Assure coordination between the technical work with budget
- Provide technical guidance to, and mentorship of, project staff
- Bachelor's degree (however a Master’s Degree strongly preferred) (or foreign equivalent) in education, public/business administration, international relations, other social sciences, or a similar relevant field required;
- At least 7 years of senior level experience designing, managing, and implementing large, complex development projects in developing countries;
- Experience with technical and/or operational issues related to a mix of primary education, literacy, capacity building, teacher professional development, and community engagement;
- Must have demonstrated success in managing sub-contracts with international consortiums including local organizations, NGOs, and communities;
- Proven record of excellent management, leadership, and decision-making skills;
- At least 5 years senior level experience in education;
- Familiarity with USAID programming, rules and regulations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Haitian Creole and French are required;
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in English preferred.
- Knowledge of gender equality and female empowerment issues within the context of education
Haitian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Port-au-Prince | Port-au-Prince
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-04-30