Logistics Assistant (Customs)-SC5-Lattakia
Latakia | Damascus
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
Education: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in a field related to WFP programmatic activities.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- At least four years of progressively responsible support experience including at least two years in the field of finance, accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations, administrative services or other related field
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
Applications must be submitted online
To view the job description and apply to this vacancy please go to:
Step 1: Create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Apply” to submit your application (please note that you must complete step two in order for your application to be properly submitted).
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Latakia | Damascus
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2016-03-28