Research Associate II
Durham | Washington D.C
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Research Associate
The ideal candidate will have experience in conducting research with adolescents and young people and/or expertise in maternal, newborn, and child health. Familiarity with NIH-related research would be preferred. Attention to detail is required.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Performs research development with senior research staff to develop, implement, manage, and conduct research studies. Makes detailed evaluations, observations, analyzes data and interprets results using qualitative/quantitative methods and statistics. Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Prepares research concepts and proposals following established policies and procedures.
- Conducts data analysis, data reviews, and reporting of research data for evaluation and quality.
- Assists with the design and implementation of research studies, including the sampling, recruitment, and statistical analysis.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations when writing and reviewing protocols, analysis plans, reports, and manuscripts.
- Develops training materials and conducts training for study implementation based on company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provides input with questionnaire development, analysis, study design, and material management.
- Plans, organizes, and manages resources/processes for successful completion of study goals.
- Develops and implements protocols and informed consents for research studies. Provides guidance on any protocol related issues.
- Manages and oversees budget for one or more research projects.
- Develops, reviews, and maintains key study documents to ensure adequate resource and reference documentation.
- May act as team lead and mentors staff on training, systems, policies, and regulations.
- Serves as the liaison with internal and external partners to ensure effective collaboration efforts.
- Oversees planning of meetings, site visits, and drafting necessary documents.
- Conduct literature reviews and summarize literature for proposals, protocols and manuscripts.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of research or evaluation experience with manuscripts, and study implementation.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Experience writing proposals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. spreadsheets, analytical software and other technology required.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Related prior work experience preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Durham | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-04-30