Nairobi | Nairobi
COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale is a relief and development organization founded in Italy in 1965. COOPI’s envisions a world without poverty where diverse cultures live together sharing equal rights and equal opportunities. COOPI’s mission is to reduce poverty in the global South through interventions of long-term sustainable international cooperation. COOPI also conducts advocacy activities in Italy, to fight the cause of the serious economic gap between the North and South.
COOPI is part of the Somalia Resilience Programme; an NGO led consortium piloting resilience based initiative in Dolow District, Gedo Region. The objective of this program is to understand the root causes of vulnerability in pastoral, agro-pastoral, peri-urban households and community groups in selected locations in order to enhance the resilience of communities through a focus on productive capacities.
· To support staff movements as may be required and in close liaison with the Logistics Officer and to manage movement schedules.
· To safely and securely undertake trips with COOPI staff & or partners
· To run errands including collection and delivery of mail, official documents, visas, etc.
· To keep the vehicle assigned to him/her clean and road worthy at all times.
· To ensure the safe parking, whenever possible in Office compound, of the vehicle at night, during breaks and when it is not in use.
· To verify the presence at all time in the car of the vehicle log book, discharge of responsibility forms, the tools and spare parts as mentioned and signed for by him/her in the log book, a complete first aid kit and sp are tyre(s) in good condition.
· To carry out logistics duties relating to stores, loading and offloading of the vehicle considering
The maximum capacity, distribution, etc.
· To provide timely information of vehicle maintenance and to ensure that repairs are done on
time at all times; carry out routine checks of oil, water and battery fluids and to ensure that
vehicles are road worthy and mechanically sound.
· To ensure that all the necessary documents are available and up to date in the vehicle (insurance, ‘COOPI vehicle log Book, tool kit,, spare tyre, first aid kit and fire extinguisher)
· To be aware at all times of the security guidelines for the related journey
· To ensure that vehicles are prepared for all official journeys.
· To conform to safety guidelines when driving vehicles.
· To adhere to COOPI rules and regulations governing the management of fleets ( report to any
misuse, accident and/or damage involving Office vehicles and that are known to the Driver;
· Drive at Acceptable NTSA speed limits and drive with consideration for safety of passengers;
· Book with details of each journey; refuel the vehicle whenever it is necessary; keep vehicle assigned to him / her clean and road worthy; parking the vehicle in secure and safe places at all times).
· To immediately report any technical failure or damage and need for maintenance to the
Logistics Officer, and to note details in the vehicle log book.
· To keep track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle, in order to make sure that servicing
is performed in time.
· To accurately fill in the vehicle log book after performing service checks and/or repair activities
to the vehicles.
· Knowledge of road safety and car maintenance
· Ability to drive a range of vehicles and having related valid and clean driving permit
· Basic Mechanical training and knowledge.
· At least 5 years of experience as a professional driver
· Knowledge of basic mechanics and workings of vehicles
· Good communication skills, organizational skills and presentable
· Ability to represent COOPI to visitors and knowledge of COOPI and its work
· Demonstrates ability to manage own time and oversee basic processes.
· Ability to work as part of the team
· Ability to drive and have a clean and valid driving permit
· Commitment to vision, Mission and values, aims and policies (especially gender relations)
· Uphold COOPI Values at all times.
· Robust energy and interpersonal skills at high level
· Working at community level and with NGOs
· Proactive and risk mitigation drive.
· confidence, maturity & ability to co-operate with a wide variety of people
· Ability to work on own initiative & under pressure and to meet deadlines
· Personal commitment to work as reliable, honest, & trustworthy member of a team
· Enthusiasm for good working practices and ability to analyze and improve systems
· Tactful and diplomatic
· Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse organization
· Willingness to Work Odd hours & be able to cope with difficult people and cope with work pressure
1st April 2016
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through email to email@example.com by 18th March, 2016.
The application should be a cover letter and CV as one document and indicate the title of the position on the subject line this will ensure we capture your application in the right way.
Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s Immediate
COOPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. supervisor.
- Organization: COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionle
- Location: Nairobi | Nairobi
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-03-18