Head of Logistics and Procurement
Beirut | Beirut
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate that has the skills to engage in our organization as Head of Logistics and Procurement.
Who are we
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
The Head of Logistics and Procurement reports to the Country Director and is part of the Lebanon Senior Management Team (SMT). The HoLP is working in close corporation and coordination with the senior managers in the SMT, with relevant Global Specialist Leads in HQ and with the MENA Unit. The HoLP is line managing the logistics, procurement, and IT staff in the Lebanon office.
• Lead the Logistics, Procurement, and IT departments in line with the DRC Operations Handbook;
• Supervise and ensure compliance with donor regulations and project implementation timelines;
• Advise procurement staff on implementation of complex shelter rehabilitation/construction contracts across DRC Lebanon offices and provide on-the-job training/capacity building as necessary;
• Collaborate with DRC Heads of Programme and Area Managers to ensure completion of procurement planning at the grant design stage and provide guidance/training on procurement planning;
• Support knowledge transfer by providing logistics and procurement technical support as required, including consultation, advice, mentoring, coaching and training of Logistics and Procurement team both in Beirut and in the field offices;
• Encourage clear lines of logistics and procurement responsibility, effective and timely decision-making, and pervasive accountability throughout the organization.
• Promote mechanisms for maximizing early engagement between the DRC Logistics and Procurement departments and the programme planning functions (i.e. procurement planning, etc.)
• Drive DRC Lebanon to and apply logistics guidelines, procedures and operational modalities to support enhanced programme/project management and implementation timely, effectively and efficiently, balancing speed of process flow with appropriate controls, checks and balances,
• Provide a quality control function to ensure that appropriate standards in logistics and procurement are achieved, and quality of procurement performance is assured when procuring products or services
• Supervise warehouses, fleet management, procurement, assets management, and inventory lists, as per DRC Operations handbook;
• Implement anti-corruption measures across logistics, procurement, and IT departments and across field sites,
• Augment the Operations Handbook guidelines by adapting and updating SOPs for procurement, logistics, and IT which are compatible with the contextual and operational constraints and accessible to a non-technical audience;
• Manage IT functions across offices and support with the development of an effective IT infrastructure;
• Any other duty as requested by the Country Director
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in the logistics industry, with at least 3 years as a senior manager
• Extensive technical expertise and experience in logistics operations, management, and humanitarian projects.
• Demonstrable experience in logistical supply chain management (preferably in an international environment), warehouse operations and management, transportation and fleet management, and procurement.
• Experience with large scale procurements and contract processes, such as ITB International
• Demonstrable experience of recruitment, selection and training delivery
• Experience with IT systems in a developing country context with multiple offices in various locations
• Experience with construction and rehabilitation service contract management is essential
• Fluency in written and verbal English is essential
• Arabic and French language skills is highly desirable
• High literate and numerate, with good presentation and negotiation skills
• Proficiency in the use of ‘office systems’ (Word, Excel, Power point); and experience of MS Project desirable
• Willing and able to deploy to travel in remote and unstable areas within Lebanon
• Willing and able to work beyond statutory hours at short notice, and be contactable outside of office hours
An interesting job in one of the world’s best NGOs. DRC will offer the successful applicant a one year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from June 2016 and be willing and able to work in Beirut, Lebanon.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and National Staff. This position will be placed at level A6 for Expatriates and 5253 USD per month for National Staff.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo and find Current Vacancies. All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the vacancy note. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
Applications close 10th of June 2016. Selection and interview process will be made on rolling bases.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Beirut | Beirut
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2016-06-10