International Medical Corps, a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs, seeks candidates for the position of MEAL Coordinator for our Programs in Turkey.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
• In collaboration with MEAL & Sub-Grant Coordinator, manage MEAL activities to ensure that all monitoring and program reporting and sub-grantee reporting activities are within the scope of objectives set by IMC, and are in compliance with donor objectives and requirements; reviewing progress in achieving program objectives and targets in collaboration with the MEAL coordinator
• In collaboration with Senior Program Officer, design and conduct reporting training for sub-grantee staff.
• Support the development, design and writing of proposals and concept notes for related programming
Information Management and Reporting
• Analyze data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues, and contribute to system fixes.
• Design and maintain executive “dashboard” tool to track status of indicators, activities, results, and other essential management information.
• Aggregate and analyze data from across the team's information platform to contribute to management decision-making and reporting.
• Manage reporting process with multiple streams of information from across field sites and departments, ensuring high-quality, timely submissions.
• Produce regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and periodic) reports, integrating results, successes, challenges, lessons learned, and highlights from across departments, offices, and sub-grantees.
• Create and integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize meaning of data.
• Edit content and presentation of all reporting and deliverables before submission to ensure superior quality and professionalism.
• Coordinate responses to requests for information.
• Contribute to developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes and products.
• Serve as focal point with desk and reporting leads on donor reporting requirements, templates, internal reviews, and submissions.
• Serve on IMC Regional Management Team task force to standardize remote management systems, operating procedures, and processes
• Represent the ERT in coordination forums and working groups on information management, knowledge sharing, and evidence-based programming.
Communication and knowledge sharing
• Develop communication strategy and visibility guidelines and monitor implementation to ensure effective and consistent understanding and communication about cross-border programming and messaging of objectives and approaches.
• Create standard templates for reports and informational materials in conformance with communications strategy and branding and marking requirements and in coordination with IMC donor reporting leads. Maintain organizational and project logos, standard descriptions, and other elements of programmatic identity.
• Develop and manage system to organize, archive, and share key project documents, multimedia resources, and other program materials.
• Act as a knowledge hub, organizing and disseminating knowledge and learning across IMC.
• Assess reporting skill gaps, and organize/facilitate training to improve skills.
• Keep web content and social media updated.
Human Resource Management:
• Line manage the HIS Officer and Data entry assistant; conduct performance development reviews; maintain up to date job descriptions; ensure clear lines of communication are maintained; ensure review of timesheets.
• Ensure that program staff is managed in accordance with International Medical Corps’ policies and procedures.
• Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps;
“To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.”
Health, communications, international relations, social sciences, humanities background or related.
• Minimum 5 years managing results-based program reporting in international humanitarian context, preferably with OFDA, ECHO, and DfID funding
• Working familiarity with management information systems and information technology, preferably DHIS2 and mobile applications
• Competency in using MS Office software, including Access and Power Point
• Outstanding English writing and communications skills
• Professional experience editing documents written by non-native English speakers
• Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data, and working knowledge of data quality assurance processes
• Professional experience in Middle East or similar international location preferred.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
Please visit this link and apply: http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx?adata=EEBtX4yWPA2jiz08uyivdxbzeHf3JRJFcUtxbQg06AhrAaI8YypgVY4xy3SOsnXSUNGKsPf7mVfR%2fEtKEb2YG7E%2fEy2ODg%2fzH%2fUdvR6yMnbpiE9eb8uft%2fIEaPK5lTjrtuMn3oILeeGHWOEfBFtyIOCV8DLe6UcIS%2bV4cifMbEz%2bw366x7DA%2fdGtB3aBMGHYtw%3d%3d
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-03-25