SENIOR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
Atlanta | Washington D.C
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. CARE is at an exciting moment celebrating our 70th anniversary and heading into a new period of innovation, operational excellence, and multiplying our impact on behalf of women and girls around the world. If you are someone who likes a fast-paced environment, brings a commitment to excellence, a spirit of creativity, a drive to problem solve and continuously improve AND you want to be part of a world class team committed to changing the world - we want to talk with you!
CARE is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, highly organized, and experienced Senior Executive Assistant to support the President/CEO. The Senior Executive Assistant position offers a unique opportunity to work closely with the President/CEO and Chief of Staff to strategically maximize the use of the President/CEO's time while also providing a high level of administrative support as the main point of contact to ensure the effectiveness of the President/CEO’s office both internally and externally. The position requires strong communication skills and the highest levels of personal professionalism.
The Sr. Executive Assistant to the President/CEO will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of a wide range of tasks for the President/CEO including: managing an extremely active and dynamic calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that often requires diplomacy and confidentiality; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings. The position requires a high degree of flexibility and adaptability to balance the often conflicting needs of external and internal stakeholders. Prioritizing, scheduling, implementing all tasks with a sense of urgency, meeting timelines and deliverables are keys to success while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and ethics.
- Maintain the President/CEO’s calendar of internal and external meetings and engagements, ensuring that she is appropriately briefed and staffed for all appointments, booking national and international travel and accommodations; handling telephone calls and visitors to the office; and ensuring appropriate, timely responses to correspondence;
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President/CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior leadership team members;
- Responsible for handling all external correspondence and President/CEO relationship management domestically and internationally to ensure seamless and timely outreach and responses;
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of all international trips and country office visits as well as all domestic visits to donors, external partners, conferences, etc.;
- Support the Executive Office Budget Manager by tracking and monitoring expenses, reconciling budget to actual expenses, developing forecasts and bridges, and ensuring budget deadlines are met.
- College degree in any field;
- 5-7 years in progressively responsible positions supporting C-level executives;
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks seamlessly and with excellent attention to detail;
- Must have a proven ability to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive data and information;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, customers, and external partners;
- Ability to prioritizes and plan work activities and use time efficiently;
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events;
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Ability and availability to troubleshoot travel, technology challenges or other issues that may arise for President/CEO;
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team environment;
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms and internet use.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=3055
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Atlanta | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-03-17