Regional Portfolio Officer, Ethiopia
London | London
Salary: £30,000-£36,000 dependent on experience
35 hours per week
As our proactive, adaptable and meticulous Regional Portfolio Officer you’ll be a focal point for the Save the Children International Ethiopia Country Office and Save the Children UK interaction, ensuring effective project cycle oversight through the entire grant process and that our in-country programmes benefit the children we serve.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
Assuming a pivotal role in the department, as a Regional Portfolio Officer you will contribute to the achievement of the portfolio targets and to the development of new business practices and tools, while forging and maintaining key donor relationships. You will also:
- Oversee all of SCUK Ethiopia donor projects and related risks whilst building strong relationships with the country programme in collaboration with the Senior Portfolio Manager
- Ensure quality assurance steps are taken and negotiate contracts with funders
- Assume grant management for donors from opportunity identification, working with internal departments to lead on reporting
- Provide capacity building for country office staff in coordination to International Regional Office and HQ
- Build strong and effective relationships with key staff and counterparts internally and in the SCI country office.
You will be motivated by a desire to effect change in the lives of children and have strong experience in grant management and an in depth knowledge of institutional donor compliance requirements. You will additionally have:
- Experience of project proposal development and report writing, particularly in reference to DfID, EuropeAid, ECHO and/or UNICEF
- Strong competency in financial processes and reporting
- A good working knowledge of one or more countries from these sub-regions and understanding of context and operating environment issues
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
- A willingness to travel.
At Save the Children our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: 7th March 2016
To apply please visit our website.
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: London | London
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-03-07