Technical Advisor-Pharmaceutical Management
Quezon City | Manila
The Technical Advisor (TA) supports the provision of technical assistance activities aimed at strengthening pharmaceutical management. S/he supports Principal Technical Advisors and in-country team in the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of technical activities ensuring their adequate contribution to SIAPS results.
S/he also provides technical assistance to the Department of Heal (DoH), National Tuberculosis Program (NTP), Food and Drug Authority (FDA), and other relevant departments and institutions at central, regional, and peripheral levels to strengthen management systems for Tuberculosis related pharmaceuticals, supplies and other health technologies.
In collaboration with and under guidance from senior staff, s/he provides support to program quality reviews, monitoring, documentation, reporting, and knowledge management activities. The TA also provides support in carrying out literature reviews, research and survey activities and participates in the development and implementation of training programs relating to pharmaceutical services.
Technical Support (40%)
- Participate in activities aimed at Pharmaceutical management system strengthening, assessments, options analysis, operations research, and strategic planning ensuring that findings, recommendations and plans are all consistent with USAID objectives and host government priorities.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of planned activities and in the review of project deliverables ensuring quality of products.
- Participate and represent MSH and SIAPS in meetings with Department of Health (DoH), National Tuberculosis Program (NTP), other government agencies and institutions, USAID, Global Fund, national and international partners and collaborators.
Capacity Building (40%)
- Participate in human resource capacity assessments in the pharmaceutical sector and collaborate internally and externally to develop country-specific capacity building material, strategies and roll out plans.
- Assist Department of Health (DoH) and National Programs to design and review, policies, standards, guidelines, procedures and other relevant materials,
- Participate in the planning and delivery of Pharmaceutical system strengthening programs aimed at building the capacity of department of health, national programs, drug regulatory authority, other pharmaceutical cadres and training institutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders for the development, deployment and implementation of appropriate tools necessary to improve pharmaceutical management information systems and their appropriate use for decision making.
Monitoring & Evaluation (20%)
- In coordination with the M&E team, support project for the establishment of mechanisms for collecting relevant data to their established indicators. Also participate in program review activities and provide adequate recommendations.
- Support project staff in the adequate documentation and dissemination of program results and lessons learned including the development and submission of abstracts and articles to scientific journals and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
- Six plus years of relevant experience in Pharmaceutical Management & Systems Strengthening related projects, preferably with international donors such as USAID, Global Fund, UN and World Bank.
- Post graduate degree in Pharmacy, Business administration, Public Health and other relevant fields.
- At least four years in Supply Chain, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance and Pharmaceutical management information systems and strengthening.
Knowledge and Skills
- Specialized training and/or experience in at least one or more of the technical areas/strategies that support pharmaceutical management.
- Key technical activities and strategies include: standard treatment guidelines, essential medicines lists, formulary design and management, medication adherence, containment of antimicrobial resistance including infection control, pharmaceutical care, case management, medicines and therapeutics committees, medicine use studies and evaluations, and diagnostic services.
- Relevant experience in international public health particularly in the implementation of activities relating to infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance preferred.
- Experience with programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred.
- Ability to write lucid technical reports and documents in English is required.
- Demonstrated computer skills; knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis and reporting
- Fluent in English, ability to speak another language is preferred of other USAID-supported countries.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Ability to work independently and in Team
- Good judgment for decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability in consensus building and constructively leading a team.
- Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10 lbs.
- National travel up to 30%.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Country Project Director
Visit the MSH Website to APPLY!
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Quezon City | Manila
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-03-31