SALES COORDINATOR (SOUTH)
Lagos | Abuja
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
The core responsibility of the position of the Sales Coordinator (South) is to use your:
￭ initiative ￭ energy ￭ persistence ￭ results orientation
￭ drive ￭ integrity ￭ enthusiasm ￭ commitment to personal development.
To further MSI’s partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Job Title: Sales Coordinator (South)
Reporting to: Sales & Marketing Director (SMD)
Duration of contract: 2 years
Probationary period: 6 months
Manages sales of the MSION’s product/s and services within defined geographic regions of Nigeria. Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales representatives/personnel and MSION resources.
Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
· Collaborates with SMD in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the company.
· Manages an assigned geographic sales area or product line to maximize sales revenues and meet set targets / objectives.
· Establish and manage effective schedules and programs to coach, appraise and train sales personnel.
· Performs sales activities on major accounts (Key Accounts and Tender Business) and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with SMD.
· Manages sales personnel and develops sales and sales support staff and review progress of sales roles throughout the assigned regions.
· Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams for assigned regions.
· Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all MSION’s product/s.
· Provides quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity and performance and advice management on when to apply ‘carrot’ (motivate) or the ‘stick’ (fire) a representative.
· Oversee SM MSION’s resources deployed in the regions to ensure efficient use and stable sales results.
· Educates sales team by establishing programs/seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of planned new and emerging products.
· Train reps on improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales and marketing support.
· Proper management of reps’ expenses.
· Collaborates with SMD to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
· Holds regular meeting with sales staffs and collate reports from reps for management use.
Qualification / Experience (Essential)
· University degree in biological sciences, pharmacy, and nursing.
· MBA in marketing will be an added advantage.
· 7 - 10 years of sales or related experience or training in pharmaceutical or health care / NGO sector.
· Proven experience and ability to motivate and lead the sales team.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· A valid driver’s license.
· Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance
· Ability to manage a high level workload and meet tight deadlines.
· Able to organize large scale events.
· Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
· Proactive; ability to work on one’s own and as an integral part of a team; problem solver.
· Confident and professional.
· Analytical focus – strong detail orientation and numerate.
· Ability to develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders; sensitive to a multicultural environment and the communications needs that accompany these.
Work as One MSION
· You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximize our ability to influence others
· You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort
· You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity
· You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate
· You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow
· You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective
· You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
· You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the center of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role
· You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSION ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only)
· You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction
· You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline
· You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team
· You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
MSION CORE VALUES:
· Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance
· Client centered: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality
· Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact
.**Courageous**: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 8th March 2016. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the**CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the** applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: Marie Stopes International
- Location: Lagos | Abuja
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-03-08