Environmental Consulting Services
Kampala/Karamoja | Kampala
Expression of Interest (EOI) – Consultancy services for GHG Environmental Compliance activities
Terms of Reference for Environmental Consulting Services
Mercy Corps’ Growth, Health and Governance (GHG) program is a USAID funded project that operates in accordance with US Government regulations and guidance, including IEE, ESP, PERSUAP, and SUAP among others. GHG is implemented in Karamoja and is involved in the programmatic areas of health facility construction, slaughter house construction, road construction, crop production, agricultural input sales, livestock production, veterinary pharmaceuticals, and tillage services.
GHG is required to conduct regular monitoring and reporting to ensure that it is complying with its environmental plans. In addition, it periodically must conduct various types of training and take corrective actions.
In this regard therefore, Mercy Corps is looking to recruit the services of a consultant to to develop an annual plan for GHG’s environmental compliance activities, and to then assist GHG to implement the plan. Eligible, qualified and interested individuals and/or firms should submit technical and financial proposals to Mercy Corps in accordance to this TOR.
The objective of this TOR is to develop an annual plan for GHG’s environmental compliance activities, and to then assist GHG to implement the plan.
Review GHG environmental documents including ESR, IEE, PERSUAP, SUAP and conditions set by USAID.
Develop an annual plan for GHG to follow in order to be fully compliant with the regulations, plans and conditions.
Assist GHG to implement the annual plan, for example by overseeing monitoring activities, writing reports, conducting training and possibly designing corrective actions.
- A Level of Effort of 3 days is provided for the completion of tasks 1 and 2 above. Task 2 will include a breakdown of LOE for implementation of the work plan, which requires approved by Mercy Corps.
2. A maximum of 20 days LOE is anticipated through this TOR, although Mercy Corps reserves the right to approve a lower or higher LOE ay its own discretion.
Provide electronic copy of an annual environmental compliance plan within 10 days of the contract award.
The assignment will take place from March 2016 up to February 2017. This timeframe can be extended based on mutual consent. It can also be shortened at the sole discretion of Mercy Corps as detailed in the eventual contract.
Supervision and Reporting
The consultant shall report directly to the GHG COP in Kampala. In case the work/report would be substandard and/or does not fulfill the requirements stated in this TOR, Mercy Corps (MC) keeps the right to adjust/ reject the payment accordingly.
Qualifications and experience of consultant
The consultant should be a qualified and competent environmental specialist who is familiar with USAID environmental regulations, including requirements for ESRs. S/he should have the following qualifications:
· Advanced university degree in Environmental Studies or related field.
· Should have at least 5 years of proven and well documented experience specifically related to environmental impact assessments and reporting, including with USAID-funded programs;
· Excellent writing skills (English);
· Available to meet the above time schedule.
Interested parties should complete an EOI Documents/Proposals and submit electronically to the following address; firstname.lastname@example.org by 05:00pm on Tuesday 1st March 2016.
For any queries relating to this EOI, please write to the email address provided above.
- Organization: Mercy Corps
- Location: Kampala/Karamoja | Kampala
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-03-01