PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS ANTICIPATED
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Since July 2013 IMC operates a rehabilitation program supporting people with disabilities (PWD) and people with injuries (PWI) affected by the Syrian crisis. IMC provides direct support to PWD and PWI through mobiles teams of physiotherapists and rehabilitation workers who provide physiotherapy and rehabilitation services at the community level, at care houses or at health facilities. Rehabilitation personnel train family members, care takers, medical personnel and PWD/PWI in care techniques at the household and facility level. IMC works indirectly through support to facilities providing rehabilitation services. Support to rehabilitation facilities may include any combination of training, equipment, consumable supplies, running costs, and in some cases staff incentives. On the job, didactic training in rehabilitation, awareness for people with disabilities and other components is a key component of direct and indirect service provision.
Skills & Requirements:
• Licensed Physiotherapist or Occupational therapist essential
• Experience in disability program design and evaluation, with at least two years in a conflict zone
• Experienced supervisor
• Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs
• Cross-cultural awareness and insight into disability issues
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
• Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
• Creative and able to work with limited resources
• Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Understanding of current thinking on disability programming
• Demonstrated understanding of UNCRPD, and other UN guidelines on disability related issues, such as wheelchairs, P&O etc
• Experience of community development and setting up of community based programmes
• Very good staff management skills
• Preferably experience with Disabled Peoples organizations
• Understanding of rights based programming
• Strong oral and written English is required
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Please go to: http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/ and follow the instructions for applying online.
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-03-22