Consultancy: Rapporteur Roster
Bangkok | Bangkok
UNICEF Emergency Section, East Asia and the Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) is seeking applications for qualified individual consultants on Rapporteur assignment. The role is to document the proceedings, including key discussion points and decisions, ensure that the key discussions points and decisions made over during the workshop, including the conclusions, lessons learned and key recommendations, are recorded for future reference. All PowerPoint presentations and documents shared by presenters should also be collated.
Purpose of Assignment:
The purpose of this assignment is to ensure that the key discussions points and decisions made during workshop days, including the conclusions, lessons learned and key recommendations, are put on record and serve for future follow up action. All PowerPoint presentations and documents shared by presenters will be available for documenting in the report annexes.
- Document the proceedings throughout the meeting during workshop days, capturing key discussion points, and decisions.
- Prepare a concise report of the meeting.
- Serve as rapporteur during the workshop
- Submit draft report to contract’s supervisor
- Submit final report by incorporating feedback received.
Work Schedule (for first assignment):
To act as rapporteur for the Regional Humanitarian Workshop during 14 – 18 March 2016.
- Serve as rapporteur during the workshop from 14 – 18 March 2016
- Submit a first draft of the workshop report by 24 March 2016 for clearance by contract’s supervisor, and a final report by 28 March 2016, incorporating any feedback shared by UNICEF EAP Regional Office.
Estimated Duration of Contract:
For first assignment: total 11 working days during 14 – 28 March 2016, including 5 days at the workshop from 14 – 18 March 2016.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, social sciences or a related technical field or a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of professional experience;
- Highly proficient in oral and written English;
- Experienced writer/journalist, preferably on issues in the development context;
- Proven ability to produce conference reports to a high quality professional standard;
- Familiarity (or knowledge) with emergency preparedness and response is preferred;
- Consultant based in Bangkok is preferred;
- Experience in Emergency would be a strong asset.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, availability, proposed daily professional fee in USD, sample of previous work on similar assignment and contacts of 3 references by 24:00 hrs. Bangkok time, 2 March 2016 to email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bangkok | Bangkok
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-03-02