Payroll and Benefits Leader
Washington D.C | Washington D.C
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Payroll & Benefits Leader. This is a full time position based in Arlington, VA and will report to VP of Human Resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Payroll & Benefits Leader you will oversee all aspects of payroll and employee benefits administration. In this role you will be responsible for the entire processing and transmission for semi-monthly payroll. As the highest-ranking employee whose primary responsibility is payroll and benefits administration, this role is solely responsible for all payroll and benefits administration and related activities that include the following:
o Pulling all staff time entries from the timekeeping system into the payroll system.
o Calculating payroll, taxes, allowances, special pays, PTO, etc. for all US paid employees (US based, Expatriates, and Third Country Nationals)
o Maintaining payroll related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
o Partnering with finance to ensure payroll flows correctly into the GL and be able to answer questions ask by finance and help them with/lead payroll audits.
o Partnering with Finance to establish new payroll processes that ensure compliance with all pay & allowance related taxation requirements.
o Overseeing the accuracy of the enrollment and transmission to the benefit providers of all new hires and terminations that are enrolling, de-enrolling into company offered employee benefits.
o Briefing and debriefing staff regarding their personal payroll & benefits choices, as well as policies & procedures at time of hire, during their employment and upon separation.
o Maintaining accurate and confidential records of all staff data related to salaries & benefits.
o Working with the Health & Welfare Benefits Broker, source, price and recommend employee benefits for the company.
o Responsible for updating the Payroll/Benefit system with changes driven by both the vendor as well as the organization.
o Provide outstanding service and answer questions from all employees on pay, benefits and/or allowances.
Requirements BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• 7+ years’ experience processing payroll & benefits, or an equivalent combination of finance, payroll and benefits experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Human Resources with a concentration in Compensation and/or Benefits or possess a similar combination of experience and education
Knowledge of MS Office (high proficiency in Excel), various HRIS software &/or benefit/payroll management systems essential
• Knowledge of wage and hour laws; laws and regulations governing benefits; working knowledge of domestic/international requirements concerning pay, allowances and taxation.
• Strong organizational skills & attention to detail essential
• Ability to work in a time sensitive/deadline driven/stressful environment, taking initiative & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Operate with the highest integrity and confidentiality
• Possess a work style that is closely aligned with Counterpart’s values of collaboration & communication.
• Previous field experience in human resources or in a headquarters finance role
• Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team
• Payroll certification CCP
• Experience using Ultipro time and attendance and payroll functions
- Counterpart International is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Counterpart International to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Organization: Counterpart International
- Location: Washington D.C | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2016-04-15