Talent Acquisition Director
Arlington | Washington D.C
Plan and oversee strategic design, implementation, and measurement of a global, strategic, and competitive Talent Acquisition function. Partner with business development and full cycle recruitment teams to support organizational mission, goals, and objectives. Plan, direct, and oversee the execution of hiring and staffing for the organization and new business development. Provide vision, strategic leadership, and practical experience to talent acquisition efforts and activities including delivering talent acquisition infrastructure across the organization, workforce planning, and global talent network development and business development staffing.
People Management (35%)
- Identify and oversee development and delivery of HR capacity at the project, country, group, and home office levels. Oversee technical assistance delivery and develop appropriate learning and reference tools and policies, practices, and procedures for designated staff to deliver timely and effective recruiting, hiring and workforce planning.
- Support strategic and tactical HR initiatives and build recruiter capacity. Deliver technical assistance and meet appropriate recordkeeping, reporting and compliance requirements.
- Ensure effective fulfilment of objectives and provide critical and timely advice and counsel in sensitive, controversial, and precedent-setting situations.
- Provide leadership and management of staff toward accomplishment of short- and long-term goals and objectives.
Functional/Technical Management (35%)
- Direct and oversee development and implementation of all recruiting and talent acquisition programs in the organization and new business development to attract and retain staff while leveraging MSH resources and achieving employer brand recognition. Oversee effective and efficient delivery, communication, and administration of all related programs in the US and overseas locations. Design, execute, monitor and evaluate recommendations for improvement. Ensure compliance with appropriate country regulations.
- Oversee timely delivery of appropriate and required information to support and facilitate new business development. From pre-bid position in business development to project start-up, ensure identification and/or recruitment of key personnel and alternates, delivery of internal and external talent pipeline to identify potential placements and employees across the organization, appropriate budget information for all anticipated international and national employees, and timely preparation of all pertinent documentation.
- Formulate and recommend recruiting acquisition and recruiting infrastructure strategies and systems to drive and achieve annual and multi-year organizational goals and objectives. Position MSH as a preferred employer in the relevant communities. Develop and implement annual and multi-year work plans to achieve goals and objectives. Revise and recommend changes as needed and appropriate.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate strategies as well as policies and procedures against the budget, objectives, and related goals.
- In collaboration with other departments within HR, oversee applicant tracking systems and other tools to efficiently and effectively collect data, analyze and evaluate information. Develop and deliver metrics and dashboards to quantify and assess recruiting activities. Analyze, recommend and oversee implementation of changes to ensure greater global recruiter productivity.
External Relationships (10%)
- As a representative of the organization, establish and maintain professional contacts with other organizations and businesses concerning recruiting, employment, and related international policies and practices.
- Monitor new technical and trend information and issues and recommends institutional or project responses, as appropriate.
Compliance and Reporting (20%)
- This position specifically supports a multi-country approach to support National Malaria Control Programs in the implementation of their national malaria strategies and global fund grants.
The person selected for the position must understand leadership, management, and governance technical areas to support Senior Technical Advisors to build the capacity of the National Malaria Control Programs in these technical areas. The STAs are seconded to and embedded in the National Malaria Control Programs.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Management, Business Administration or a related field.
Minimum of 8 years of experience in a government contracting/professional services environment and in managing a high performing recruiting team in full cycle recruitment.
- An advanced degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated success and leadership experience developing, and implementing HR capacity and infrastructure in a talent acquisition role for multi-locations and US and overseas employee bases required. Working knowledge of and contribution to the design and execution of employee recruiting and retention strategies, employer branding options, and workforce planning preferred.
- Experience in a for-profit or not-for-profit consulting firm preferably with US government contract experience in global environment is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional and matrixed teams and overseeing staff in multiple and international locations.
- Extensive knowledge and practical application of talent acquisitions systems, practices and approaches. Experience in managing hiring requirements with employment laws and regulations.
- Exceptional communicator and collaborator with strong conceptual and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units.
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing priorities in a fast-paced, high volume environment. Proven ability to meet deadlines and demonstrated aptitude for innovation, as well as problem solving and informed decision making needed.
- English fluency required, additional language skills in French, Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
- Customer Focus
- Build Effective Teams
- Organizational Savvy
- Presentation Skills
- Communications Skills
- Timely Decision Making
- Delegation, Developing Direct Reports And Others
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Strategic Agility
- 25% local and international travel requirements.
- Keyboard use, Pulling drawers, Lifting papers <10lbs.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Arlington | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-03-12