Addis Ababa | Addis Ababa
Position Title WASH Advisor
Requisition Number 16-0017
Post Date 2/10/2016
City Addis Ababa
Description At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact seeks a WASH Advisor for the proposed USAID-funded five-year Growth Through Nutrition Activity to improve the nutritional status of women and young children of Ethiopia. This position is contingent on award.
The WASH Advisor will be responsible for technical leadership of the water, sanitation and hygiene aspects of the program, ensuring the implementation of high-quality, evidence-based interventions, and managing a team of senior staff and sub-partners to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities and products generated under the project.
The WASH Advisor will be responsible for overseeing the quality of all WASH interventions funded through the Growth through Nutrition Activity. S/he will be responsible for achieving expected WASH outcomes and integration of WASH into nutrition and agriculture activities. The WASH Advisor will work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor to coordinate and systematically disseminate lessons-learned with other USAID-funded WASH activities.
• Coordinate and oversee the quality of all WASH technical activities, providing direction, feedback and support to ensure success.
• Ensure program adherence to internationally accepted technical norms and standards of practices.
• Provide input into and ensure that all donor reporting requirements on program impact are met and assist implementing partners/grantees in setting up reporting and tracking systems to provide such information in an efficient and timely manner.
• Facilitate continuous quality assessment and improvement and ensure that program best practices are documented and disseminated throughout the program cycle.
• Ensure effective coordination and communication and standards of practice among each partner organization.
• Ensure high quality program delivery and the cost-effective use of USAID and resources
• Provide regular written/oral program progress updates.
• Establish and manage Pact’s local technical training activities.
• Ensure that up-to-date information regarding the programs or initiatives shared via a range of mechanisms including reports, newsletters, and the Internet.
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the COP.
• Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
• Deep understanding of Pact’s strategy and how efforts contribute to the greater good
• Ability to consistently work within internal process and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Proactive engagement in corporate initiatives
• Strong planning and time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
• Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• Proficiency in developing and managing a budget
• Strong experience water sanitation and hygiene as well as nutrition and one of the following fields: health, social and behavior change communication, and/or agriculture
• Strong knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
• High competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
• Demonstrated proficiency in supervising staff, including providing honest feedback
• Ability to mentor others
• Advanced degree in a relevant field of study (e.g., civil or environmental engineering, public health, international development, economics, business administration).
• Minimum of seven years of experience in the WASH sector, in areas related to successful Activity implementation such as provision of technical expertise for WASH, demand creation, and sanitation marketing.
• Demonstrated experience building private sector capacity to provide WASH products and services ishighly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience building local government capacity to install, rehabilitate, and maintain water systems is highly desirable.
• Prior experience in the Ethiopian WASH sector desirable, preferably including experience with national level coordination under the One WASH Program.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
•Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
•The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
- Organization: Pact World
- Location: Addis Ababa | Addis Ababa
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Closing Date: 2016-03-11