Senior General Ledger Accountant
Washington D.C | Washington D.C
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking a General Ledger Accountant. This is a full position based in Arlington, VA. This position will report to the Controller.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for financial accounting and reporting for Counterpart’s subsidiaries and affiliates
• Review of monthly GL reconciliations – both Corporate Finance and Project Finance
• Assist the Controller in financial and accounting system upgrades including of testing GL and accounting data before and after implementation
• Finance support for donor audits, project financial reviews and any other special projects
• Review, update and develop finance related policies and procedures as outlined in Counterpart’s Policies and Procedures Initiative. Develop training material for dissemination of policies and procedures.
• Provide support to the Corporate Finance team as required for General Ledger Accounting
• Assist the Controller and CFO in responding to findings from internal and external audits
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Controller and CFO
• A minimum of Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting or related field required, plus a minimum of 7 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in General Ledger Accounting
• Knowledge of the financial requirements of donor government funding agencies preferred (e.g. USAID, USDA, US Department of State).
• Sound knowledge of US GAAP and concepts required.
• Advanced Excel skills required.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff with varying degrees of financial knowledge.
• Attention to detail is essential. Must have a high degree of initiative and flexibility to successfully accommodate deadlines.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and manage projects through to completion.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a rapidly changing and growing corporate environment.
• CPA qualification or Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience with MS Dynamics Navision accounting software preferred.
• Public accounting, financial accounting or internal audit experience beneficial but not required.
- Counterpart International is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Counterpart International to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Organization: Counterpart International
- Location: Washington D.C | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-04-08