Procurement and Contracts Specialist
Bamako | Bamako
Purpose of the assignment
Under the direct guidance of the Supply and Logistics Manager or, in his/her absence, the Chief of Operations, the incumbent will manage all aspects of UNICEF Procurement and Institutional contracts of Mali Country Office.
Under the overall guidance of the Supply and Procurement Manager, oversight all services procurement projects of a large country office including construction works.
Lead the implementation and manage operational activities for a large Country Office (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), to ensure successful procurement of all services.
Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with all relevant suppliers and vendors to enable UNICEF to maximize the value of the service delivered.
Key expected results
The incumbent will work on 6 specific results:
- Oversight systems, procedures, bids and evaluations related to contracts and agreements for all services contracts, including construction works; manage daily activities of the contracts, scope of work, budget and payment schedules, Local Procurement Authorization, and assembly of the final contract package for each project in compliance with the UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations.
- In liaison with concerned budget owner, effectively manage contracts, i.e. analysis BOQ, cost estimates, review of bid documents, attend bid openings and post bid evaluation meetings. Process specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information including local supplier database
- Ensure proper contracting processes and fulfillment in accordance with organizational policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- In coordination with the relevant budget owner, draft services contracts for the recommended vendor with detailed scopes of work, payment schedule, deliverables and completion time, etc. for signature.
- Contribute to capacity building efforts of internal parties to transmit to the Supply Unit preparing complete and coherent purchase requisitions
- Any other duties as required.
Place of work
Based in Bamako
Supervision, Feedback and Reporting
The incumbent will be based in the Supply and Logistics Unit in Bamako, under the direct supervision of the Supply and Logistics Manager. As a member of the Supply and Logistics unit, he/she will attend the unit meetings and report regularly on work plan progress. The incumbent will work in close daily cooperation with the relevant programme staff.
- Key qualifications and required skills
Education & Work Experience
Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial law or specialization in directly related areas including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. Strong commercial background with technical knowledge and procurement expertise.
*A first level University degree in a relevant technical field (as identified above) in conjunction with eight (5) years of relevant work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting in developing countries may be taken in lieu of an advanced university degree (Master's).
Five years of progressively responsible experience in international context, work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting in developing countries. UN and/or INGO experience in the field of Supply/Logistics is required.
- Fluency in French and English required.
Good knowledge of ERP system required
Excellent knowledge of public procurement rules
Excellent working knowledge of computers particularly in Excel
Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas in written and oral form and to produce reports in a timely manner.
Ability to work independently as well as with a team in an international, multicultural and interdisciplinary environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Drive for results and efficiency.
Organizational skills including the ability to keep up to date and accurate records in different formats
Interested candidates should send their application including the cover letter, updated CV and the United Nations P11 form (to be downloaded from the UNICEF internet site): http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc). Applications should be sent by e-mail at: Mali_Recruitment@unicef.org. The subject of the e-mail should be the tittle of the position.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bamako | Bamako
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Legal - Broad
- Legal - Broad
- Legal - Broad
- Legal - Broad
- Closing Date: 2016-02-10