Human Resources Officer
Human Resources Officer will function under direct supervision of the Representative or his/her Deputy responsible for Administration. Incumbent will manage all HR related activities within the country/ operation, through direct supervision, coaching and guidance to all administrative staff responsible for the personnel administration and other HR related matters. He/she will assist the Representative and provide expert input in the staffing and budget reviews, in the process of recruitment and appointment of staff, and in the performance management and staff welfare issues. Incumbent will have direct working relationship with the staff-related services in UNHCR, such as the Personnel Administration & Payroll Section, Recruitment & Postings Section, Performance Management, Medical Service, Staff Welfare and Global Learning Centre. He/she will also maintain contact and close cooperation with other UN agencies in the country.
- UNHCR recruits, contracts and deploys staff and makes sufficient use of affiliate workforce in the country to meet its current and future operational needs and in a manner that promotes career development and respects diversity.
- The workforce in the country is aware of the Code of Conduct and acts with integrity.
- The workforce in the country is well-informed of and understands the organisation's human resources policies and practices.
- UNHCR's learning programmes and activities build the competencies of its workforce to meet the needs of the country operations and staff career goals.
- UNHCR provides a healthy, safe and respectful working environment for its workforce in the country.
- Implement workforce management strategy for the country operation that is in line with the regional and global strategy. Participate in the preparation of the annual operations programme review submissions.
- Ensure timely advertisement and filling of the vacancies. Facilitate the work of the local Assignments Committee (AC) and provide guidance to managers in preparing their submissions for the AC review.
- Manage and directly supervise process of recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff for the country operation, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures, including those related to diversity. Control the maintenance of the personnel records in the office, as well as of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Provide support, guidance and training to administrative staff performing personnel administration related functions.
- Participate in the review of the training needs of the staff, making appropriate proposals to meet identified needs.
- Brief newly arrived international staff on related administrative formalities and ensure all arrangements are made for onward travel, if applicable. Ensure efficient processing of residence permits and other administrative formalities upon their arrival to and departure from the country.
- Maintain liaison with the support sections and divisions at headquarters, specifically with DHRM, on matters related to planning and management of staffing resources, as well as to recruitment and personnel administration support, medical and other issues of staff welfare and safety.
- Provide guidance and counselling to ensure that UNHCR's workforce in the country has a sound awareness of UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations (including the Code of Conduct) and is aware of its rights and obligations as well as benefits and entitlements.
- Pursue measures to ensure cooperation and dialogue between the management and workforce within the country operation.
- Ensure that all staff and dependants in the country operation can access adequate health care as per UNHCR's guidelines and policies. Manage UNHCR medical insurance plan. Ensure support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuation.
- Participate in the ICSC survey on living conditions and classification of duty stations as well as in the UN Country Team local staff salary survey and other local inter-agency HR-related fora and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR's human resources policies (e.g. policies on gender, disabilities, diversity, ethics and HIV/AIDS), the UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations, as well as with the performance appraisal and management system.
- Issue and extend contracts for locally recruited staff.
- Clear payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
- Represent UNHCR in the working groups/task forces within the UN inter-agency mechanism on coordination of salary surveys, staff safety and welfare concerns.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in Human Resources Management/Administration, Law or similar disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years of previous relevant work experience (6 years with Advanced University degree) in progressively responsible functions in an office that administer/manage a large number of staff, preferably within the UN.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization. Exposure to UNHCR field operations is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
(In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
***For National Officer positions, very good knowledge of local language and local institutions is essential.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of UN/UNHCR field operational realities, especially in hardship duty stations.
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP HR module, as well as with MSRP Financials and Focus.
C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
M002L3 - Managing Performance Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X005L3 - Planning and Organizing Level 3
X009L3 - Change Capability and Adaptability Level 3
Please note that the closing date for all vacancies in Add.2 to the September 2015 Compendium is Monday 22 February 2016 (midnight Geneva time).
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2016-02-22