Under the supervision of Senior ICT Officer or Senior Administrative Officer, the incumbent implements the ICT operational plan in a well defined geographical area. They provide technical supervision and guidance to locally recruited staff and ensure that ICT equipment is fully operational at all times.
Internally, the incumbent liaises directly with own Service Delivery Team on a daily basis as well as with end users to clarify, analyse and resolve reported issues. S/he may also liaise with external service providers, as required, to resolve escalated infrastructure issues.
- UNHCR Country operation has modern and cost-effective ICT systems.
- UNHCR ICT equipment and data are protected.
- Participate in the assessment of operational and security infrastructure needs in each UNHCR office in the area of responsibility (AOR).
- Supervise the implementation of the ICT operations plan and thereafter ensures that all equipment is in good working conditions at all times as to meet the ICT needs of the offices.
- Discuss infrastructure needs with the Head of offices in the AOR and provide input for the budget submission.
- Monitor and coordinate the work of other ICT staff as directed by the Head of Offices in accordance with the standards set by Headquarter.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all infrastructure equipment under AOR.
- Provide coaching, and training to ICT staff and users. Draft procedures and instructions to promote a better understanding of the use of the ICT equipment.
- Participate in the assessment of security related projects in coordination with the Field Security Advisor and assists in the formulation of recommendations for security communications.
- Promote relation with UNHCR implementing partners to enhance communication and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Liaise with the National Regulatory Authority to ensure that licenses and permissions required to operate UNHCR Networks are granted.
- Assist and advises offices in the recruiting and training of ICT staff.
- Actively participates in ICT related meetings to ensure that all decisions taken meet UNHCR's operational and security requirements.
- Liaise directly with end users to clarify, analyse and resolve reported issues, delivering high standards of customer service.
- Undertake other tasks or assignments within his / her area of competence as directed by Supervisor/Head of Service.
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents / problems.
- Escalate issues to supervisor if incident / problem cannot be resolved with scope of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University Degree in Information Systems, Telecoms or related fields.
- Minimum of 8 years of previous job experience in the ICT support.
- Knowledge of radio systems, LAN installation and support, messaging infrastructure.
- Knowledge of LAN configuration and network implementation.
- Knowledge of different satellite and terrestrial communications and network systems.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
(In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
***For National Officer positions, very good knowledge of local language and local institutions is essential.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Hands-on experience with wireless and VOIP systems and knowledge of Windows 200/2003 Server, Linux Server, and network monitoring software an asset.
- Working knowledge of any other official UN language.
C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M002L3 - Managing Performance Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X003L3 - Technological Awareness Level 3
X005L3 - Planning and Organizing Level 3
Please note that the closing date for all vacancies in Add.2 to the September 2015 Compendium is Monday 22 February 2016 (midnight Geneva time).
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: N'Djamena
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2016-02-22