Central Highlands Field Coordinator
Bāmyān | Kabul
GERES (www.geres.eu) is a French NGO working worldwide for the improvement of people’s living conditions through preservation of environment and fair and sustainable energy access. In Afghanistan, GERES has been working since 2002 in the fields of energy efficiency and rural development.
Mission and objectives
The Field Coordinator position aims at the management and coordination of GERES teams and activities in the Central Highlands Region of Afghanistan.
Position in the hierarchy
Under the direct management of GERES Country Director, the CH Field Coordinator manages all GERES teams in Central Highlands Region.
(S)he is the direct line manager of the following staff members:
- CH Administrator;
- CH Logistician;
- CHP Component II Project Manager;
- CHP Component IV Project Manager.
(S)he works in collaboration with GERES Afghanistan coordination team but has no hierarchical links towards them.
The Field Coordinator is expected to carry out the following tasks:
1. Overall supervision and follow-up of GERES activities in the Central Highlands Region
- Follows up GERES activities within the Central Highlands Programme (CHP) and other activities to be implemented in the region ;
- Regularly checks activity implementation through field visits and staff interviews for all implemented Programmes ;
- Regularly reports on field activities to GERES Afghanistan coordination in Kabul;
- Participates to activity reporting.
2. Coordination with Central Highlands Consortium partners
- As member of the CHP operational committee, participates to monthly operational committee meetings, and supports the implementation of the operational committee governance procedure when needed ;
- Attends to the CHP steering committee quarterly meetings, as representative of the field level ;
- Ensures implementation and respect of Consortium procedures: internal communication and reporting schemes, logistics and procurement, etc., in coordination with MADERA and SI relevant staff members ;
- Ensures implementation and respect of security rules at field level, relays field security situation to GERES Security Focal Points in the CHR and Kabul, and participates to the update of security plan if necessary, in coordination with MADERA and SI relevant staff members ;
- Supports GERES Country Director in the coordination of CHP financial and technical reporting.
3. Management of GERES teams and support services in the Central Highlands Region
- Directly manages Project Managers of Components II and IV and national staff under GERES CHP Support Services Unit, provides support and capacity-building when necessary ;
- Supports HR management of GERES teams under the CHP (recruitment, follow-up, and implementation of HR procedures) ;
- Is responsible for and manages administration, finance, and logistics ;
- Manages external consultancies under GERES activities in collaboration with the PM in charge.
4. Representation of GERES in the Central Highlands Region
- Participates to main coordination bodies ;
- Manages the relations with Afghan institutions and line agencies in the Central Highlands Region, through reporting, regular meetings and exchange ;
- Develops and manages partnerships ;
- Participates to fundraising activities.
5. Participation to the design and implementation of GERES Afghanistan strategy
Education :Graduate degree in the field of Economics / Environment / Development
- At least 5 years of international cooperation in developing countries with project management and/or country office organization responsibilities ;
- Knowledge of fundraising, security management, project monitoring and evaluation systems ;
- Knowledge of environment, energy efficiency & saving an asset ;
- Experience working in countries in conflict.
Languages : Fluent French and English, Persian (Dari) appreciated
IT Skills : Sound knowledge of office software
Skills : Team management; excellent oral and written communication skills to lead relation with donors and institutional partners; very good writing reporting skills; excellent influencing and relationship building skills; very good interpersonal skills and ability to work with multicultural teams; flexible approach to managing and prioritizing high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Status: French fixed-term contract (CDDU)
- Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- Start date :As soon as possible
- Location :Position based in Bamyan, with frequent travels to and stays in Kabul and sub -bases
- Gross monthly salary : salary based upon profile, experience and GERES salary grid
- Security allowance : 700€ gross/month (in prorata of Afghanistan effective presence)
- Paid leaves : 26 days per year + 5 R&R days per intermediary break
- Covered and managed by the employer: Afghan visa & work permit costs; health, retirement, and unemployment insurances costs (partly); repatriation insurance.
- Other advantages : Accommodation in GERES guesthouse with a monthly living allowance of USD 330 (calculated each month according to the number of days in Afghanistan ;
2 return tickets between Afghanistan and home country and 2 lump sum allowances of EUR 400 for intermediary breaks in the sub-region.
Contact: GERES HR department
To apply: Please send your résumé and cover letter by email to email@example.com (applications by phone are not accepted). Selected applicants will be called for an interview.
Reference to specify:GAF_FieldCo
Web site: http://www.geres.eu/
- Organization: GERES - Groupe Energies Renouvelables, Environnement et Solidarités
- Location: Bāmyān | Kabul
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2016-02-29