SAP Applications Coordinator (Human Resources Management) â re-advertised
UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff. For its international team, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
SAP Applications Coordinator (Human Resources Management) – re-advertised
Note: Applicants to vacancy announcement number 15-HQ-AM-47 need not re-apply.
Vacancy Announcement Number
Deadline for Applications
18 February 2016
(6 February 2016 for internal applicants)
HQ Amman, Jordan
Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Information Management Division, the SAP Applications Coordinator (HRM) will play a leading role in supporting, maintaining and developing UNRWA’s SAP system and all the non-SAP applications related to Human Resources Management functional domain. In accordance In accordance with Agency policies and procedures, the SAP Applications Coordinator (HRM) will:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the implementation, support and maintenance activities of the Human Resources Management functional domain dealing with internal and external interlocutors including:
· Planning, control and coordination of the implementation-related tasks assigned to the functional domain;
· Preparation and execution of the detailed implementation and support plan, in coordination with the selected vendors, UNRWA Project Managers and user departments.
· In close collaboration with UNRWA Business Departments, support the current SAP operations and the solution development by:
· Provision of expert advice to users about system feature usage;
· Fixing of system defects;
· Assessment and analysis of the current and new functional processes and practices, to define requirements and specifications for system evolution and maintenance;
· Provision of expert advice and recommendations on the functionality within the scope and filling of the identified requirement gaps;
· Analysis of current business processes, offering solutions to modify them to fit into the new “To be” model and provision of the subject matter expertise for process improvement in the Human Resources Management functional domain;
· Validation and test of developed system component;
· Contribution to the preparation of new regulations and instructions in the Human Resources Management functional domain.
· Liaise with other SAP Applications Coordinators, Solution Architect and Head, Core Applications to review the impact on other functionalities and consolidate the recommendations into the final scope;
· Develop training plans for staff assigned to his/her team and conduct training to enable the team to execute support actions and contribute to the system implementation and bug fixing
Professional Knowledge and Experience
· An advanced university degree from an accredited educational institution, in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Administration;
· A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience in the implementation and management of Application Systems in the Human Resources Management functional domain in public or private sector, including two years of international experience outside one’s home country;
· Experience in the following areas:
· SAP pre-/post-implementation full cycle preparation;
· Implementation of methodologies of major ERP vendors;
· Human Resources Management and reporting through implementation of SAP system, business processes re-engineering;
· Business blueprinting, end-user acceptance testing, performance testing, go-live preparation, end-user functional training and post go-live activities;
· Applications Maintenance and Support;
· Software development methodologies.
· Participation in SAP implementation projects; SAP HR customizing experience is a must
· Experience in project/programme management including global initiatives (PMP, Prince 2);
· Excellent command of spoken and written English.
· Proven ability in facilitating work groups and achieving agreement;
· Demonstrated professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
· Ability to identify and analyze strategic issues, opportunities and risks;
· Excellent communication skills and an ability to work effectively with people at all levels in the organization;
· Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment;
· Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; ability to cope with multiple tasks effectively;
· Ability to work under difficult conditions; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations;
· Demonstrated management skills in a multicultural environment;
· Demonstrated ability to provide innovative technical leadership by performing and/or overseeing the planning, development, and management of operation;
· Ability to motivate staff.
Knowledge of UN and UNRWA regulations, rules and directives, and of the sources from which they are compiled.
The incumbent may be required to travel in the Agency’s area of operations.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Human Resources Department may substitute part of the unmet requirements under UNRWA’s equivalency determination guidelines with a combination of relevant academic qualification, additional professional training and/or progressive relevant work experience. Note: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered sufficient for an equivalency determination.
Conditions of Service
UNRWA offers an attractive compensation package including annual salary starting at $74,130 net tax free with dependants or $69,032 single, plus post adjustment of 47.2% (subject to change without notice). Other benefits, subject to eligibility, include education grant, dependency allowance, home leave, pension fund, health insurance and 6 weeks of annual leave. All UNRWA duty stations (with the exception of Gaza and Syria) are family duty stations. Initial contract is for two years, with the possibility of further extensions subject to the availability of funds and the continuing need for the post.
How to Apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc.). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity, and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self-attestation, confirming that they have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
Date of issue: 21 January 2016 / LF
- Organization: UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
- Location: Amman
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2016-02-18