Inclusion Technical Coordinator - PAKISTAN
Islamabad with regular field visits | Islamabad
Handicap International is looking for :
INCLUSION TECHNICAL COORDINATOR
COUNTRY : PAKISTAN CITY : Islamabad with regular field visits
Starting date : May-June 2016 Length of the assignment : 12 months
Closing date for application: 28th February 2016 Advertisement reference: DIR-INS-SLE-2358
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
For more details on the association: www.handicap-international.fr and review our job offers: http://www.handicap-international.fr/emploi
In the early 1980s Handicap International’s first activities in Pakistan focused on support for Afghan refugees. After several natural disasters, the organization came back to the country and helped local population when important floods occurred and affected more than 20million people.
These events have led to a considerable increase in the volume of Handicap International’s actions and since January 2014, HI Pakistan is gradually shifting back its programmatic approach towards longer term and development projects, while maintaining its capacity to respond to complex emergencies – which are recurrent in the country.
The domains of intervention that Handicap International (HI) is focusing on are as follows: Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction, Inclusion and Rights, Rehabilitation and Emergency response. At the moment a three-year funded project in Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction is implemented in Sindh. Program strategy will be developed in 2016 to cover the next 3 years.
As Technical Coordinator you will be under the line-management of the Programme Director and you will manage 1 Inclusion Advisor. You are mandated by the Technical Resource Division to implement HI technical policies, methods and approaches at the level of the program in your sectors of professional competency. You coordinate provision of technical and methodological support and guidance and develop technical capacities of the staff towards enhanced quality of project implementation in Pakistan.
The post is instrumental for:
• The development and implementation of the Programme Strategic Framework (to be developed in 2016)
• Raising HI technical profile in the programme by building capacities of the inclusion advisor and other project staff
• Consolidating on-going activities and ensuring project quality
• Exploring, expanding or developing new projects and technical fields within HI mandate.
Your main responsibilities will concern:
• Technical support : training, capacity building, publications, enhance the quality of projects
• Networking and Partnership
• Team capacity and management
• A University degree in a disability/relevant related discipline
• An experience of at least 5 years in the disability and development field, in both a management and technical capacity
• An international field experience in inclusion and rights; a work experience in a low technically resourced country is an asset
• The capacity to build, coach and mentor skills
• Competencies in coordination and networking
• Culturally sensitive and ability to adapt to the context of Pakistan
• Able to work independently, Decision making ability and able to learn from others
• Creative and innovative
• High level of diplomacy
REQUIRED LANGUAGE SKILLS:
You are fluent in English and Urdu
The position is based in Islamabad with frequent travels to the field, mostly to Sindh (Makli) and KP Provinces (Peshawar). For security reasons, travel and walking are limited in the field
Islamabad offers a number of recreational and leisure activities, and hosts an important concentration of expatriates. Before participating in activities, security rules need to be checked and followed. Persons should try to adjust to cultural norms and practices.
Security remains a concern in Pakistan and additional security restrictions can be imposed at any moment.
The position is dependent on the obtention of visa
INTERNATIONAL EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
Salary: 2150-2500€ gross salary/month + 457 Euros net/month expatriation allowance + 50% of the medical cover taken in charge by HI + repatriation insurance + indemnity for partner and children
Please send resume and covering letter with the reference: DIR-INS-SLE-2358
By this link: https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/fr/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=1323&idpartenaire=136
Or by our website: www.handicap-international.fr
Please do not telephone
- Organization: Handicap International
- Location: Islamabad with regular field visits | Islamabad
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-02-28