Digital Intelligence Coordinator
New York City | Washington D.C
We live in a hyper-connected world where changes in technology and shifts in power are transforming the way we interact with one another, with our communities, and our leaders. Civil society has grown in size and influence. Mobile information and communication technology are rapidly becoming the most important ways in which people connect, access services and, increasingly, seek social change. The lines between communication and advocacy are blurring, and digitally-fuelled citizen campaigns and social movements are driving social and political change.
Against this backdrop, UNICEF is overhauling its global, digital communication system and putting in place a multiplatform, technological infrastructure that will more effectively deliver critical, targeted information and engage with global audiences. This effort is the Digital Transformation Project (DTP).
The Digital Intelligence Coordinator will provide expertise in the planning and development of a new digital intelligence system (of methodologies, tools, governance and trainings) as part of the Digital Transformation Project, while supporting the maintenance of UNICEF’s existing system. The Digital Intelligence Coordinator will be under the overall supervision of the Digital Product Manager.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
- Work with key stakeholders and DTP team to determine and prioritize key objectives for the new digital intelligence system
- Recommend methodologies, tools, governance and capacity building activities to achieve key objectives
- Develop and manage implementation plans (including budgets and schedules) based on recommendations
- Work with specialized vendors on various aspects of implementation of the new digital intelligence system
- Ensure new system provides reports aligned with established, global strategic KPIs
- Promote knowledge exchanges and adoption of new tools within UNICEF though trainings, communities of practice and developing guidelines on Digital Intelligence and SEO
- Enforce and manage current operating procedures for web analytics
- Ensure data quality through regular data reviews and working with technical teams to resolve issues
- Manages the Digital Strategy Section’s weekly metrics reporting
- May be asked to work on weekends
- May be asked to travel
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/ experience required:
- Advanced university degree in communication, marketing, public relations, economics, statistics, management, project management, information technology or other relevant field; or equivalent professional work experience, combined with a first university degree in a related discipline.
- At least 5 years working experience in interactive digital media communication, interactive marketing or digital business intelligence
- Expert in Google Analytics and other digital intelligence tools and methodologies such as online surveys, user testing, conversion tracking and optimization, multivariate testing
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and market research
- Experience working with enterprise-level websites with localisation and multiple users and groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills
- Must have strong people skills and be a good diplomatic communicator
- Experience with work in a non-profit organization a plus
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com by 17 January 2016. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘**Digital Intelligence Coordinator**’, is quoted on the subject line. Applicants MUST submit their resume along with a signed and dated (not typed) UNICEF P-11. Please send details of the daily fee/rate (in USD) you are willing to accept for the performance of this job. Please state whether negotiable or non-negotiable. To download P11: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted. Non-US candidates must be in possession of an existing US G4 visa or be a US permanent resident/citizen.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-01-17