Technical Officer II, Research Utilization
Durham | Washington D.C
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Officer, Research Utilization
The candidate will work on multiple projects including the LINKAGES Project and YouthPower. The candidate must have experience with gender integration and GBV prevention and response for key populations. He or she must also have experience training.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices.
- Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives.
- Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area.
- Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise.
- Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals.
- Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity.
- Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
- Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.
- Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
- Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results.
- Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Ensures project implementation adheres to company strategy and remains technically sound.
- Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Durham | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Gender Mainstreaming
- Closing Date: 2016-02-29