Senior Advisor - PM Information System
Baltimore | Washington D.C
Gateway is a system for CRS’s business pipeline and project portfolio management, built on a Salesforce.com technical platform. Gateway enables the agency to capture & analyze intelligence on institutional funding opportunities at different stages—the “business pipeline.” It also provides a one stop shop for information about CRS projects around the world, including key documents related to proposals and agreements— the CRS “project portfolio.” CRS staff will have access to institutional donor, partner, opportunity, proposal, project information and proposal and project documents. Gateway has been rolled out in all 7 regions (SARO, LACRO, ESA, EARO, CARO and WARO) as of July 2015.
The Gateway Senior Advisor will lead the continued implementation of Gateway, including defining business requirements for remaining enhancements and leading change management efforts. Project Management of Gateway is owned jointly by the Senior Advisor and GKIM.
Gateway is the embodiment of “One Agency,” and the Senior Advisor must be a capable communicator, negotiator, and a team player.
The position holder will:***1. Lead the implementation of Gateway*** and ensure that the project’s product meets the business objectives
Project Management and Coordination Efforts
· In partnership with GKIM, develop and monitor a realistic project plan and budget, control project scope, manage expectations and identify and mitigate risks to the project. (While GKIM is responsible for the developing the project plan, budget, status reports, etc., the Gateway Advisor is expected to contribute to and review these items for accuracy.)
· Build effective relationships with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within OverOps, with other CRS departments directly affected by Project Gateway, GKIM and other stakeholders.
· Serve as a liaison as needed between GKIM and CRS staff using the system overseas and in HQ.
· Represent Gateway in the Gateway Advisory Group, the ICTAG, and with the Executive Sponsor and the ELT
· Proactively identify and effectively communicate project risks to Executive Sponsor and other agency leadership
Support Data Quality Efforts in Gateway
· Lead the implementation a Data Quality Assurance Plan of Data Quality Management Processes (currently under development) to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of Gateway data
· Lead remaining project data migration efforts for Gateway for Project Portfolio, which includes remaining award/project data from pre-FY14 periods
· Identify problems and support Country Programs to improve data quality
Lead Gateway Business Requirement Analysis Efforts for Key Functionalities
· Liaise with departments in HQ (IDEA, Finance, PIQA) and Overseas (CRs, HOP, HOOP, Project Managers) to understand operational processes and identify opportunities and areas of need related to project-related information.
o Identify and engage Subject Matter Experts to inform Project Gateway development and system implementation.
o Collaborate with stakeholders, GKIM and external consultants to develop and document system requirements, the business case, functional specifications, and current and future process flows.
o Ensure business requirements are clear and understood by stakeholders.
o Lead the gathering and review of the business requirements.
o Control requirements against the approved scope.
o Validate that proposed technical designs meets CRS needs.
Support Change Management Efforts relative to Gateway
· In collaboration with the Change Advisor, implement the Change Management Strategy to ensure continued user adoption and learning. This includes training and communications. While this is the responsibility of the Change Advisor, the Gateway Senior Advisor is ultimately responsible.
· Provide the content for training materials and effectively deliver face-to-face and on-line training.
· Serve as focal point for a Gateway Community of Practice.
· Selectively travel to provide assistance to Country Programs.
· Monitor roll-out, follow risk management plan, identify and help solve constraints, collect and provide feedback to the Advisory Group and GKIM as appropriate for system enhancement.
· Facilitate technical assistance to the end users by proving support to the help desk. 2. After successful globalization and establishment of systems for continued adoption and use, manage transition of Gateway to day-to-day management (expected in 2 + years)
Supervisory Responsibilities: Gateway Change Advisor
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Serves with Integrity
Cultivates Constructive Relationships
Key Working Relationships:
INTERNAL: Gateway Advisory Group, IDEA staff, USOPs staff, GKIM’s Project Management Office, and all potential providers and consumers of system information
EXTERNAL: Contractor staff assigned to the project, system implementers
- Master’s degree in related field preferred; Bachelor’s required.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in managing projects, including 3 - 5 years in a developing country.
- Demonstrated familiarity with CRS’ program quality perspective and programming and partnership approaches.
- Demonstrated experience using information technology to support business operations needs. Experience with Salesforce.com highly desired.
- Strong leadership, coordination and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated success leading the work of culturally diverse teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in adult education and training.
- Ability to travel overseas for assessments, training and capacity building of field programs, as well as to troubleshoot significant compliance issues.
9. Fluency in English required; working ability in French or Spanish preferred with French strongly preferred
Normal conditions for an office environment
Willingness and ability to travel overseas
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
- Organization: CRS - Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Baltimore | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-02-05