Chief of Party
Washington D.C | Washington D.C
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Project Director/Chief of Party
As Chief of Party (COP) of the USAID Integrated Health Project, holds primary responsibility for the achievement of project objectives and intended results, the effective management and development of project staff, award compliance, and fulfillment of requirements and deliverables specified by USAID, the government of Burundi, and FHI 360’s regional and/or headquarters offices.
The focus of the Integrated Health Project in Burundi will be on increasing the use of quality integrated health and support services, underpinned by strengthened health systems and structures. As Project Director, manages development of and monitors work plans and budgets; develops and manages systems of quality assurance and improvement; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; accesses appropriate skills and expertise from across FHI 360; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensures appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to FHI 360 and other donors as required.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Ensure the achievement of high quality results by FHI 360, its subcontractors, and its subgrantees;
- Responsible for appropriate use of project resources and compliance with applicable FHI 360 and USG policies and procedures for financial, contractual and human resource management;
- Ensures appropriate monitoring of the project and subawards (as applicable) to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Oversee production of timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports and contractual commitments to USAID, Government of Burundi and FHI 360 headquarters, as required
- Coordinate partner efforts in program implementation at the highest level; and serve as the primary representative and point person of the Project to internal and external stakeholders.
- BS/BA and minimum 8 years relevant experience with international development programs and includes 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Overseas field experience required; MS/MA, Proficiency in French and English required Expats/TCNs and HCNs are eligible to apply
- Demonstrated experience in designing, managing, and monitoring complex, multi-partner public health/international development programs – at community-level, using host-country mechanisms, and/or in sub-Saharan Africa desired.
- Experience in organizational development and proven skills in building organizational capacity in health service delivery programs and use of hose country mechanisms.
- Familiarity with contracts and compliance issues, and in-depth knowledge of USAID regulations, systems and procedures for managing complex programs with many sites and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with the USAID Mission, international PVOs and local CBOs.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems, including contractual matters as appropriate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
- Manages project specific budget and pipeline.
- Routine coordination with appropriate FHI 360 employees, on-site and in the field.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Washington D.C | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-01-31