Deputy chief of party
Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for the anticipated five-year, $20- to $25-million USAID Regional Human Rights and Democracy Activity in Central America. Based in El Salvador, the project aims to strengthen human rights protection systems through regional engagement in targeted countries in Central America, including El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, and will support discrete activities in Mexico and Nicaragua. The primary goal is to improve national human rights protection systems and empower actors to better fulfill their roles in providing oversight; ensuring accountability; upholding the principle of non-discrimination along with other human rights norms; addressing needs of victims; and improving independence, accountability, efficiency, and effectiveness. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work with the chief of party to manage the project's implementation and oversee its performance, management, and operations across multiple countries
- Supervise staff to ensure appropriate implementation of program strategy
- Ensure all project activities are compliant USAID's and Chemonics' policies, practices, and procedures
- Assist with high-quality, timely, and complete submission of work plans, financial reports, and performance reports
- Master's degree in human rights, law, public administration, international relations, or other relevant field; or five years of experience working on democracy and governance or human rights projects in Latin America
- Minimum seven years of experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in development projects
- Experience in effectively working with local government structures, senior government officials, civil society actors, and other donors
- Experience managing international donor contracts preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in Spanish and English
Send electronic submissions to regionalHRDA@chemonics.com by January 11, 2016. Please include "deputy chief of party" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only "deputy chief of party- Regional HRDA" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Organization: Chemonics
- Location: San Salvador
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-01-11