Database Manager, STEER
Abuja | Abuja
The Database Manager (DM) is responsible for the organization, maintenance and updating of existing STEER databases and management information systems (MIS) at National, PEPFAR and CSO levels; such as the National OVC Management Information System (NOMIS), District Health Information System (DHIS) USG Instance, PEPFAR’s Data for Accountability, Transparency & Impact (DATIM). As may be required from time to time, she/he will develop computer programs and troubleshoot databases to generate data, data tables and reports in order to respond to program and donor reporting requirements, on schedule and as the need arises.
· Serve as a liaison between STEER Project and USAID or her agent(s), on MIS related activities and in turn provide overall technical support on database organization, maintenance, development and update, to the STEER project M&E and CSOs teams in the delivery of STEER project mandates in line with all USG accepted policies and procedures
· Support the planning and delivery of trainings, workshops and other capacity development interventions for CSOs and STEER M&E team.
· Support the M&E Coordinators to ensure CSO understand the information needs of project stakeholders and donors and adhere to system requirements
· Work closely with the CSO M&E officers and the M&E technical specialist for TB to ensure they understand the data requirements and data-gathering and report formats.
· Provided onsite support for the implementation and updates of the existing MIS systems used by STEER and CSOs comprising NOMIS, DHIS and DATIM and this will include but not limited to onsite installation, setup, data entry procedures, and data transmission.
· Provide support for collation and processing of NOMIS data reports and other related reports from the CSOs.
· Provide couching and mentoring to CSO M&E staff on the application and use of the available MIS to ensure that high standards of program implementation are provided at all times.
· Support the development of the NOMIS working with any external consultant engaged for this process
· Manage the DHIS database, ensuring that the DHIS is routinely updated and liaise with NMEMS to ensure that quality data is reported to USG.
· Manage the STEER PMIS database ensuring that the PMIS is routinely updated by working with the organizational capacity development focal persons and/or the M&E officers of the various CSOs and STEER M&E team.
· Provide technical support to Government of Nigeria (at state and LGA levels on DHIS, NOMIS, SAVIX and PMIS)
· Support the collection of GIS coordinates of project site locations and the development of service maps
· Support the preparation of monthly, semi-annual and annual and ad-hoc reports from CSOs donors with strict adherence to standards and timelines.
· Maintain an inventory of data collection and monitoring visits to partners on a regular basis to monitor M&E systems
· Ensure that CSOs participate in the data quality assessment, understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations
· Support the organizational capacity assessments of the CSOs and implementation of the capacity building plans.
· Support the development of electronic data entry questionnaires using the iform builder during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical package.
· Develop new programs and adapt existing ones to new applications as the need arises, and in collaboration with SCI IT and Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MEAL) units carry out systems analysis related to the study of new applications, testing and revision of programs.
- Coordinate with M&E team and State Managers/Coordinators to ensure good communication between the civil society and government actors and that data and reports are shared as required by the M&E system
- Participate in the M&E technical working group meeting to help ensure that the MIS platforms are being implemented by all CSOs correctly.
- Attend relevant STEER management and technical meetings to ensure close coordination between program, management, and M&E staff
· Collaborate with STEER management and CSO in planning, designing and undertaking program evaluations and special studies
Travel up to 30% of the time
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in social science with emphasis in rural development, public health, statistics or a development related fields.
· Demonstrated skills in M&E, data management and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
· At least 5 years of professional experience in implementing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV and OVC, agriculture or food and nutrition security programming, of which at least two year with an NGO.
· Experience in managing M&E databases including DHIS and NOMIS
· Demonstrable computer literacy in MS Office - Excel, Power Point and Word.
· Experience in data analysis in Access and at least one of the following: CSPro, SPSS, EpiInfo or STATA is an added advantage.
· Ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets. al
To apply kindly follow this link:
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Abuja | Abuja
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2016-01-05