Consortium Coordinator, Kachin State, Myanmar
Myitkyina | Yangon
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is seeking a dynamic and capable Consortium Coordinator to lead a proposed ECHO-funded Consortium, and to be part of a strong and dedicated team in Kachin State, Myanmar.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) which provides protection and promotes durable solutions for refugees and displaced people worldwide suffering from the effects of war and humanitarian crisis. We operate in more than 30 countries servicing over 1.5 million people. For further details, please click the following link: http://www.drc.dk/home/
DRC has worked in Myanmar since 2009 providing humanitarian and infrastructure assistance to victims of cyclone Nargis in the Ayeyarwady Delta in southern Myanmar. Today, DRC's work spans across Rakhine, Kachin and the South-East Myanmar, with programmes focused on humanitarian response to the crises caused by natural hazards and violent conflicts.
The expansion and escalation of the conflict in Kachin and northern Shan State (NSS) since June 2011, with associated barriers of humanitarian access, have challenged the response capacity of humanitarian actors. In consequence, DRC, Oxfam and International Medical Corps (IMC) and local actors have formed a partnership to facilitate coordination and integrate multi-sectoral programming to address the persistent needs of the displaced, conflict affected populations in Kachin and NSS. Through a shared understanding of the problems faced in Kachin and NSS, improving strategic dialogue amongst local and international partners, increasing coordinated advocacy efforts at the state and central levels, and providing services as a collective to address the most pressing humanitarian needs and priorities, the well-being, safety and dignity of those impacted by the conflict will be better met, and the response better served.
With 35 camps as part of the geographic scope of the programme, and other Consortia with which to collaborate, a Consortium Coordinator is being sought to oversee the project’s effective implementation, coordination and advocacy, as well as synergy with other key actors in Kachin and northern Shan State.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consortium Coordinator (CC) is a critical position within the proposed Consortium. S/he would be expected to bring solid management and leadership with the required communication skills to interface between all Consortium partners. The CC is expected to keep constructive and timely dialogue with the donor as well as other stakeholders as required. S/he is further expected to identify, secure and cultivate linkages between three Kachin-focused consortia funded by a range of donors.
The CC’s main responsibilities are as follows:
· Management oversight of the project, with an emphasis on ensuring the timely and high quality achievement of the project goal and objectives by the respective Consortium partners.
· Liaising with Consortium partners to receive monthly output trackers and consolidate to provide monthly status updates on the Consortium's progress, challenges and planned mitigation measures.
· Management oversight for financial and administrative management, ensuring compliance by all partners with all relevant donor and organisational guidelines, regulations and procedures.
· Facilitate provision of training for partners on relevant guidelines, regulations and procedures.
· Provide quality assurance of communications related to the Consortium and ensure adequate prior involvement of the Consortium partners in publications, or the like, which carry the partner's logos.
· Review, with the Consortium Steering Committee, annual work plans, budgets, interim and final reports prior to submission of same to the donor.
· Initiate Steering Committee meetings, held on a two-monthly basis, drafting agendas to reflect priorities, challenges and opportunities for the Consortium.
· Chair the Programme Management Committee (PMC) meetings between partners in Kachin and, as a general rule, be part of similar programme meetings within consortia with which synergies are sought.
· Ensure proactive engagement, and facilitate formal meetings when necessary with key stakeholders, and to foster linkages and learning between existing consortia.
· Represent the Consortium in coordination mechanisms upon request
· Act as the spokesperson for the Consortium with high-level stakeholders at the state and national levels.
· Manage the contractual relationship with the donor and oversee programmatic and financial reporting to the donor, collating inputs from the Consortium partners and ensuring timely submission.
· Facilitate planning and logistics around donor visits ensuring all partners are fairly represented.
The CC will be offered a DRC contract, as the lead consortium agency, and will report to the DRC Programme Manager for Kachin/Northern Shan.
The successful candidate will have:
· A minimum of 5 years’ project management experience in humanitarian response within displacement-related contexts.
· Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
· Solid office package skills.
· Professional fluency in English.
· Prior experience with working/administration of consortia is an advantage
Myitkyina, Kachin State, with frequent travel within Kachin, northern Shan and to Yangon as needed.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract for 12 months. Envisaged start date is January 2016 or soonest hereafter. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.dk under Vacancies. The position is placed at level A11. Myitkyina is a non-family duty station.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Joyce Dalgliesh, DRC Programme Manager Kachin at Joyce Dalgliesh firstname.lastname@example.org or Anders Bech Tharsgaard, DRC Country Director at email@example.com .
Please note that applications sent directly to Ms Dalgliesh/Mr Bech Tharsgaard will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than thirty countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Interested? Then apply HERE.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Applications close 06 January, 2016.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Myitkyina | Yangon
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-01-06