CR/Resident Advisor, Cameroon
Yaoundé | Yaoundé
Who we are
We're Population Services International (PSI), the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. It's a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI in Cameroon
With support from the government of Cameroon and international donors such as KfW, PPSAC/OCEAC, UAFC, DoD, Exxon Mobil, UNFPA, government and various private foundations, PSI and its national partner the Association Camerounaise pour le Marketing Social (ACMS) have worked in Cameroon for almost 20 years. Since 1996, we have implemented social marketing, social franchising and behavior change communication to deliver prevention and treatment products and services across a wide range of health areas including HIV/AIDS, family planning, malaria, and water-borne diseases. ACMS is extending its social franchising network into the three additional regions in the north of Cameroon.
Country Representatives/Resident Advisors are senior PSI officials based in the PSI country of operation overseeing social marketing and new business development activities and managing a diverse group of staff. We're looking for a leader for our $10 million ACMS office. You will introduce PSI and ACMS to new partners and strengthen relationships with existing ones. You will serve as PSI-Cameroon's biggest advocate for private sector approaches to public health challenges.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will be seconded to PSI's network member, Association Camerounaise pour le Marketing Social (ACMS) as the Executive Director. You will be responsible for the overall development, management (financial, administrative, and programmatic), and representation of PSI's activities in Cameroon. You will:
- Build local technical, management and leadership capacity;
- Foster the institutional development of ACMS through strategic planning, program development and financial sustainability;
- Promote effective relations and institutional governance with the ACMS board members;
- Fundraise for existing and new activities and expansion of the health program's portfolio;
- Maintain and foster external relations with strategic partners such as government institutions and donors such as KfW, PPSAC/OCEAC, UAFC, DoD, Exxon Mobil, UNFPA, the Dutch government, the UN Foundation, and private foundations;
- Provide quality and timely management of project lifecycle for all current donor projects including meeting programmatic and financial deliverables;
- Develop and steward annual and specific project budgets consistent with both organizational and donor requirements.
- Meet financial and other reporting requirements as required by donors and PSI/Washington;
- Oversee and lead marketing and behavior change communication campaigns and other social marketing activities;
- Monitor development and implementation of marketing and annual work plans, and serve as the catalyst for the creation of new health products and services;
- Develop innovative distribution systems and/or maintain the existing ones at a high level of effectiveness;
- Track sales figures as well as the performance of the sales force including the distribution network;
- Supervise evidence-based research activities to support social marketing and health program decisions in order to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and to maximize health impact;
- Develop and maintain systems that ensure the safety and security of the team and PSI assets in all aspects of its work according to best practices, PSI operating standards, and field realities. Liaise with the Global Security Department and Regional Director on crucial events, high-risk periods, incident reporting and security policy changes.
- Guide 3 national offices and a 100-person team of epidemiologists, operations staff, and sales and marketing professionals. This includes recruitment, development, training, and supervision;
- Develop and enforce field office administrative policies. Promote and demonstrate an ethical environment in line with PSI's values of honesty and acting with integrity. Support the application of appropriate internal controls to protect PSI's assets.
What are we looking for?
You have at least 5 years of experience managing people, budgets and public health programs.
You have an MBA, MPH, MD or other relevant degree.
You have lived and worked in a Francophone developing country.
You have experience and are passionate in building local technical, management and leadership capacity.
You are fluent in English and French.
You have significant fundraising, personnel and financial management experience.
You have significant experience in management, international business, strategic marketing and product sales and distribution.
What would get us excited?
Experienced manager. You have been a Country Director or Resident Advisor of a large project before. You have worked with a Board of Directors.
Capacity Builder: You have experience in building institution, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
Natural fundraiser. You have experience identifying business opportunities for health or securing funds from donors like KfW or USG.
Collaborative manager. You are able to inspire a shared vision for the ACMS staff. You have successfully helped your staff learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
A connector. You have experience working with Ministries of Health, health care companies, or global health donors. You are able to identify new donors and partners for programs. You are able to spot trends and keep the PSI global headquarters informed about health needs and opportunities in Cameroon.
A Strategist and an innovator. You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
- Level 5
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Yaoundé | Yaoundé
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-01-09