Enabling Environments Specialist - Cambodia
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a U.S.-based nonprofit that seeks private enterprise solutions to problems of poverty in developing countries and around the world. By deploying a mix of technical assistance and volunteer expert support, IESC works with emerging industries, financial institutions, and governments to stabilize economic environments, increase opportunity, and promote growth.
IESC is seeking an enabling environments specialist for an anticipated USAID funded horticulture value-chain promotion program in Cambodia. It is anticipated that the program will improve food security through enhanced agricultural development and rational management of natural resources. This position will be full-time and based in Cambodia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Government of Cambodia counterparts to identify constraints to productivity growth and market-distorting regulations, and develop and implement plans to mitigate or remove them;
- Convene public and private sector stakeholders for policy discussions and manage policy reform action mapping and outputs;
- Manage and generate policy analysis, including generating recommendations;
- Identify actions necessary to remove obstacles or impediments to the full development of a robust modern agricultural marketing systems in Cambodia;
- Conduct commercial, including agriculture, policy and regulatory environment analysis that includes cost benefit and regulatory impact;
- Enhance enabling environments activities that will influence the delivery of modern agricultural inputs, financial services, and access to information and technology, as well as improved access to domestic and foreign markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in international trade, policy, agribusiness, law, public policy, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum five years of experience in international trade, including topics of trade facilitation, business enabling environment, and agriculture policy reform in Cambodia required;
- Experience managing discussions, conferences, or public forums with high-level stakeholders;
- Knowledge of the application and practice of law in Cambodia as it relates to regulation and policy influencing the agriculture sector;
- USAID or other donor experience preferred;
- Cambodian nationals highly encouraged to apply;
- English fluency required.
Visit http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IESCORG&cws=1&rid=165 to submit your resume and cover letter.
- Organization: IESC – International Executive Service Corps
- Location: Phnom Penh
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-02-29