Internal Controls Officer (Asia)
Position Title: Internal Controls Officer (Asia)
Requisition Number: 15-0184
Post Date: 12/9/2015
City: Bangkok (Note: can be based anywhere in Asia)
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of dignified living. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact envisions a world where those who poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future.
The Pact Finance Department supports this mission by creating a work environment that celebrates diversity, fosters professional growth and development, ensures partnerships with international departments to: develop budgets, implement and manage financial control measures, establish policies and procedures and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and government and non-government requirements, and provides exceptional service to management and staff. Pact Finance is dedicated to providing practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to management and employees in the areas of financial procedure, policy, best practice, budgeting, accounting, audit and planning to facilitate achieving the objectives and targets of our organization.
Reporting to the Senior Risk Management Officer, the Internal Control Officer (anywhere in Asia) is responsible for managing and monitoring a risk-based internal compliance program to ensure effective utilization of resources. The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across field offices in regard to quality, business processes, and internal controls.
• Reviews Country Office operations for internal controls and compliance with terms and conditions of donor requirements (including US Government awards) accounting standards and Pact policy
• Ensures internal control activities are in compliance with guidance provided by the Country Office and Headquarters
• Reviews and tests procedures and systems of internal controls at Pact and sub recipient organizations to ensure they are functioning as planned and in accordance with sound managerial principles
• Prepares written reports of review findings, including specific recommendations for corrective action, where appropriate
• Facilitates and monitors the implementation of corrective plans to aid country offices in improving compliance with procedures and processes
• Provides guidance to internal stakeholders regarding best internal control practices that minimize risk to the organization; works cooperatively with staff at HQ and in the Country Office to explain and improve processes and enhance internal controls and compliance
• Participates in formulating policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and corporate efficiency
• Maintains and monitors Pact’s internal audit database
• Assists in the development and implementation of Pact’s Enterprise Risk Management program
• Creates audit updates, reports, and executive summaries to be presented to the audit committee and executive management
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. Higher Degree a plus.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of audit experience
• Previous international experience, preferably with an international NGO
• Experience in financial management of US Government cooperative agreements, contracts and/or sub contracts desired, preferably USAID.
• Knowledge of OMB circulars and Federal Acquisition Regulations
• Experience developing working papers to perform tests of accounting records, internal controls, and accounting systems to ensure compliance with regulations, accounting principles, cost accounting standards, and contract/agreement provisions
• Willingness to travel 50-60% of the time
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Fluency in English
• Experience in federal government audit or corporate internal audit
• CPA/CIA certification
• Accreditation or certification in project management
• Experience with Serenic Navigator and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
• Knowledge of additional regional languages
• Knowledge of non-US donor requirements (DFID, Global Fund, SIDA, DANIDA) is a plus
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
- Organization: Pact World
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-01-10