Uganda Country Coordinator Agri-Fin Mobile ( Open to Uganda Nationals ) - Based in Kampala
Kampala | Kampala
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Agri-Fin Mobile programme approach works with partners to build sustainable models, where farm and crop management tools and financial services are "bundled" in affordable, unified platforms on mobile phone channels to promote mass uptake commercially. The program targets partners with existing financial, MNO and agricultural technical service mobile platforms or applications, or demonstrated interest in developing and investing in them, and facilitates development of a business model whereby the bundling process provides an increased value proposition for each partner, such as, increased fee income, greater outreach or reduced risks. Agri-Fin mobile is a multicounty programme being conducted in Uganda, Zimbabwe and Indonesia.
Specifically, this is a follow on project from Phase I and this project’s Impact will be: “Increased food and livelihood security of male and female smallholder farmers as a result of accessing bundled Rural Advisory Services (RAS) and financial services through mobile technology platforms”. By working closely with communities – as well as with a range of actors from both the private and public sectors – and drawing on the game-changing approaches of bundled services and mobile technology platforms, Phase II will continue to build on the successes of Phase I.
- Provide leadership on the implementation of the programme and provide accountability on the deliverables and M&E strategy through coordination with the Programme Director and the MC Uganda Country Director and Director of Programmes;
- Develop and maintain relationships with Ugandan partners including Public and Private Rural and Advisory Service Providers, Financial Institutions, MNOs and Agricultural Mobile App Developers;
- Prepare strategy and vision for the program including the business model for bundling of mobile financial services and agricultural mobile applications including technology requirements, pricing, and a value proposition for programme partners, with coordination of the Programme Director and the MC Uganda Country Director and Director of Programs;
- Oversee in-country programme activities including research on business model feasibility and product development, mobile application development, system interfaces, monitoring & evaluation, and facilitation with existing and future MC Uganda programming;
- Actively liaise and work to maximize program synergies with Mercy Corps Uganda field programming and management teams;
- Assist Programme Director in writing, editing, assembling, and submitting final funding proposals and reports;
- On-going learning and research in to global and Ugandan best practices in mobile financial services and mobile agricultural value added services, new business models and technologies in relevant topics and provide written summaries of findings as briefings for the programme, partners and other MC programming;
- On-going development and documentation of “lessons learned” related to programme activities for internal M&E and learning purposes, as well as documentation for external public relations purposes.
- M&E and Knowledge Management
- Work with the Programme Director to write, edit, assemble, and ensure timely submission of internal and external reports;
- Work with the Programme Director for the writing of regular publications of quarterly newsletters, case studies, e-books, blogs, and research.
- Work with the Programme Director to outsource of graphic design, video and photo editing for publication.
- Manage and promote program online resources such as website, facebook, twitter, etc.
- Work with the Programme Director to coordinate the collection of all input frameworks and templates for M&E activities, including annual project reviews, monthly partner reporting, baseline & endline studies, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned workshops;
- Guide staff and implementing partners in preparing their progress reports. Together, analyse these reports in terms of problems and actions needed. Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing;
- Work with the Programme Director to prepare reports on M&E findings, working closely with technical staff and implementing partners;
- Support program monitoring and evaluation in accordance within the Agri-Fin Mobile M&E strategy, as well as MC Uganda specific activities, including measuring impact and documentation of programme progress;
- Understand donor and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, rules and regulations to assist in monitoring and ensuring compliance.
- Respond to internal & external requests for information on programme activities through verbal and written communication in coordination with the Programme Director and MC Uganda;
- Assist with development and dissemination of programme promotional materials, including updates for web page; press releases, newsletter articles and other publication materials related to Mercy Corps’ programmes;
- Represent Mercy Corps at public and media events when requested
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum MA/Sc/MBA or equivalent in business administration, information technology, agriculture or related field required;
- Minimum eight years’ relevant working experience required; preference for experience in private sector IT or MNO industries with a working knowledge of financial services and/or agriculture;
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships;
- Experience in product and/or business model development;
- Strong written communication skills, demonstrated through analytical and/or programme report writing;
- Budgeting and work planning experience;
- A self-starter, with demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team, ideally in an international context;
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships and to facilitate successful partnership;
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills;
Full proficiency with MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and mobile phone applications (i.e. IPhone, Android, USSD, SMS, MMS, WAP, IVR, STK) required;
Fluency in English required.
Applications: Submit your E-mailed application including a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates through the Human Resource Manager to email@example.com Deadline for Submission: Close of business on December 11, 2015 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Mercy Corps. Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer; female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: Mercy Corps
- Location: Kampala | Kampala
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2015-12-11