Deputy Chief of Party, Zambia
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
CAMRIS seeks a qualified Deputy Chief of Party candidate for an upcoming five-year USAID-funded contract for Accountable Governance for Improved Service Delivery (AGIS) in Zambia project. The project is anticipated to be working with select ministries in Zambia to improve service delivery and accountability by strengthening procurement, audit, and internal control functions.
The DCOP’s duties include providing technical leadership and directly assisting the COP in activity implementation and management. Duties will include:
- In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume full responsibility for the project.
- S/he will work with the COP to facilitate operational capacity building initiatives, directly facilitate technical capacity building, and support coordination with local government and other key partners.
- The DCOP will direct and supervise senior program staff and consultants.
- Support the COP by providing oversight for operational aspects of the program
- Overseeing partnerships with civil society groups and networks to improve government accountability;
- Develop, review, and revise work plans; track progress against work plans.
- Promote coordination and support implementation of all key project activities, with emphasis on ensuring high-quality program implementation at national and sub-national levels.
- Oversee monitoring visits to project sites, analyze and provide feedback to COP, stakeholders and project partners.
- Liaise with Government of Zambia officials at national, provincial and district levels, and local communities.
- Coordinate and liaise with other key external stakeholders, including other USAID implementing partners.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate and professional program reports that meet donor requirements.
- Participate in the documentation and dissemination of project activities.
- Work with project staff to develop materials to promote the project and disseminate key project results in consultation with COP.
This individual must be a professional who has:
- A Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Sciences or related field.
- At least seven years of progressively increasing responsibility working in democracy and governance programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical assistance teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships, and to work collaboratively with host government agencies, civil society, and community-based organizations, and other donors.
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals.
- Ability to fully and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, in English is required.
Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Organization: CAMRIS International, Inc.
- Location: Lusaka
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-05-06