PSFR Officer (Switzerland)
PSFR Officer (Switzerland)
The PSFR Officer will closely work with the Global and Regional PSFR Unit and with the team at the Branch Office. This position is key for the development of private sector fundraising for UNHCR in the Switzerland.
Reporting directly to the Senior Global PSFR Officer, s/he will lead the PSFR programme in Switzerland. The position aims to maximize the donor base from the private sector for UNHCR, and is responsible for managing the leadership giving (corporate/foundation/major donors), individual giving, and donor retention programmes, as well as communication with various partners.
- The Annual giving income target is achieved according to agreed annual budget and plan.
- The Annual expenditure budget is under control according to agreed annual budget.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a strategic plan for Private Sector Fundraising in the Switzerland, building on the progress made in the past years and reflecting both the country advocacy strategies and the global PSFR strategies.
- Effectively lead PSFR team to substantially increase the funds raised for UNHCR from a variety of private donors in the country.
- Manage relations with key private sector donors/supporters, including corporate partners, high net worth individuals, foundations and trusts.
- Oversee the development of an individual giving program which could include Internet-based online fundraising programs and DRTV (direct response TV fundraising programs) in addition to other methods determined to be appropriate.
- Develop and/or oversee cordial relations with relevant corporate donors and media partners when it is related for fundraising in order to seek their increased financial and non-financial support for UNHCR.
- Oversee the maintenance and improvement of the donor database, in which financial supporter's private information and donation history are saved.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, updating and enhancement of all the fundraising communication messages and materials for print and internet-based online outlets in order to maximize the loyalty of the donors for UNHCR.
- Manage and/or oversee the PSFR budget, expenditure, and human resources (UNHCR internal and affiliated staff through UNOPS).
- Ensure the submission of regular reports to the relevant internal recipients inside UNHCR (country, regional and HQ level).
- Ensure the compliance with the relevant domestic law related to fundraising practice, fundraising licencing and data protection.
- Perform any other related duties that may be required.
- Develop the annual PSFR budget and plan.
- Promote and develop innovation into projects.
- Lead, manage and encourage staff to seek out for permanent improvements to the fundraising programs.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree in Marketing, International Relations, Journalism, Communications, Political/Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in Private Sector Fundraising, with exposure to the international environment.
- Proven skills in writing, translation and communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of PSFR market in Switzerland.
- Excellent English language skills, French and/or German required.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Expertise and up-to-date knowledge in existing and PSFR techniques such as direct marketing or direct response fundraising, telemarketing, monthly donor programmes such as face-to-face, mass appeals, digital fundraising and emergency fundraising.
- Experience with Major Donor Fundraising and corporate fundraising.
- Familiarity with the UN in general and a good knowledge of UNHCR operations both at Headquarters and in the Field would be an asset.
- Good computer skills are an asset for overseeing the development of proposals and reports to corporate and other donors and for carrying out reporting and analysis needs.
C001L3 - Accountability Level 3
C002L3 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 3
C003L3 - Communication Level 3
C004L3 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 3
C005L3 - Client & Result Orientation Level 3
C006L3 - Organizational Awareness Level 3
M001L3 - Empowering and Building Trust Level 3
M002L3 - Managing Performance Level 3
M006L3 - Managing Resources Level 3
M005L3 - Leadership Level 3
M003L3 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 3
M004L3 - Strategic Planning and Vision Level 3
X002L3 - Innovation and Creativity Level 3
X001L3 - Analytical Thinking Level 3
X008L3 - Stakeholder Management Level 3
Please note that the closing date for all vacancies in Add.1 to the September 2015 Compendium is Tuesday 17 November 2015 (midnight Geneva time).
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2015-11-17